PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Hlp Pleaase

Poppa John
19-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Hi All
I have set op an Everis computer just like mine. All went well till I got it donw & got to the Password page . I typed in the given password buy it rejects it. I hav tied ariations but no go. I cannot get into it to change the Password. Help PleSE. aVERY EMBARASSD pj

mzee
19-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Is it the computer password, or OS password? Windows or Linux?

wainuitech
19-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Removing a windows 10 password is not as easy as previous versions were ( its NOT meant to be easy). If its a Email login used, you can reset it by answering a series of questions. On another PC go to https://account.live.com/password/reset and work through the options, creating a new password, once its done you can log in with that.

If its a Local account you can download the following, boot from it and remove the password http://www.lazesoft.com/how-to-reset-administrator-password.html

If its an email login -- The above software usually wont do it. You need different Software, but its not free. (but can be done)

How to bypass a password is not really easy to explain here, any tech you may take the computer to that says it cant be done obviously doesn't know how. ( It CAN be done) If its a email login then the normal tools wont work.

Personally I always setup without a password at all, straight into windows.

Lawrence
19-04-2018, 11:12 PM
You haven't hit "caps lock" by mistake?

Poppa John
20-04-2018, 09:07 AM
Good morning. troubled sleep last night worrying aboutthis damned computer I shouldn't have got involved. Last evening I madd a boot USB boot disc of MY cpmputer, Toshiba., But thought I had better as first. PJ

Poppa John
20-04-2018, 09:26 AM
HI . I have just booted it as, as is. The first screen I got was of looking out of a cave entrance at two large Rocks. Bottom leftnis the Time & date. PressEnter& I getl the circle where a picture woulg go.Below that is her name which has come up as her name & emailbelow that is the password box. I put in the password & it fails 'Incorrect password.Thhat issas far as I get. I cact get into safe mode. PJ

20-04-2018, 10:05 AM
https://www.urtech.ca/2016/01/solved-how-to-reset-a-password-in-windows-10-without-using-a-reset-disk/
http://www.chntpw.com/reset-forgotten-windows-10-password/

Ive used this method, its a bit tricky but works, consider it a last resort sort of thing
I cant remember if it works for email (live) logins though

20-04-2018, 10:30 AM
The method I linked to wont reset the password, but will get you logged in under a new user a/c.

I'm guessing its someone elses PC ?
I know its harsh, but I refuse to help with neighbors, friends, relatives PC's . Its always just more
trouble than its worth .

wainuitech
20-04-2018, 10:38 AM
Since its a email log in as I posted in Number 3, simply go to https://account.live.com/password/reset Reset the password after answering the questions. This is assuming the Laptop was connected to the internet during the setup stage.

The email password and local password are two different types. Local are easy to bypass with the right software,

20-04-2018, 11:21 AM
Since its a email log in as I posted in Number 3, simply go to https://account.live.com/password/reset Reset the password after answering the questions.

:)
Ive never had any luck with that, as when 10 was setup user doesnt take any notice or care with security questions or recovery options , or person who did the user setup isnt contactable or cant remember etc. :badpc:

wainuitech
20-04-2018, 02:13 PM
:)
Ive never had any luck with that, as when 10 was setup user doesnt take any notice or care with security questions or recovery options , or person who did the user setup isnt contactable or cant remember etc. :badpc: That's the usual reason it wont work, BUT MS cant control certain things a User will do or forget.

Like today - just got back from a job installing a New PC. The person had written down passwords, BUT nothing worked on Xtra Mail, so looked on the old PC, checked the working password in Windows live 2011 --- Totally different to what was written down. ;)

One person I Know, she has a password "incorrect" That way if she forgets it pops up saying "your password is incorrect" Had to smile when she told me as to how she never forgets :)

Poppa John
20-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Since its a email log in as I posted in Number 3, simply go to https://account.live.com/password/reset Reset the password after answering the questions. This is assuming the Laptop was connected to the internet during the setup stage.

The email password and local password are two different types. Local are easy to bypass with the right software,

I'm sure it was connected to the Ney as I downloaded the updates before i started to install'. Yet how could I do that .
Not sure what you mean by Email & local passwords. I don't think there is on for Email. If Local is the one to use to open the Comp at start then that is the one that wont work PJ

Poppa John
20-04-2018, 04:52 PM
To repeat, it is the first password at startup to open the computer. I assume that is Local. Until that is accepted I cannot open the m/c. PJ

wainuitech
20-04-2018, 07:06 PM
By local account I mean--- when you first start a New Computer it goes through the setup process, at some point it will ask you to sign into an account, by default it wants you to use a email address. What MANY people don't see is you DONT HAVE to use that. Down the bottom left hand corner is the option to use an Offline account ( see Picture)

If you select that and carry on there will be other windows open that still get you to use the email, you can say NO/ Skip

Then you can put in the user name, you have the option to leave the password blank or enter one. This is a Local account.

If you opted to use the email address, that's an online account, if its gotten that far you should be able to reset the password as described earlier by going onto another PC filling out the form, then once done log into the other PC using the new password you just created. :)

Poppa John
21-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Is safe start still SHIFFT & F8 together? If so how do I get out of it? I woder if I catit ,it may help me?

Syill struggling with this . It is all so incomprehensibl to me. I cannot follow the insstructions. By thje time I get to the end of a paragrfg I have forgaooton the beginning. Bad day today. PJ

wainuitech
21-04-2018, 09:31 PM
The old F8 very rarely works these days. Its all about security, its NOT meant to be easy to bypass. Even safe mode wont work as it requires the working password, gone are the days when safe mode will bypass the password.

Since its an email account, your easiest bet is to try the Reset / recovery password in #3 as I mentioned.

If for some reason that doesn't work you may be best off getting someone to do it for you, ( in other words a paid service person or some who knows what they are doing --- NO disrespect intended).

Poppa John
24-04-2018, 08:47 PM
Hi Gang. All sorted, had to call in my usual Techie. I can work it & I have explained what to do to the Old Dear, but I have my doubts. I can see it going to her daughter. Anyway. Thank you to all those who tried to help me. The problem was not yours but totally my lack of ability to comprehend your instructions. Again. Thank you. PJ:thanks