PDA

View Full Version : Printing from Chrome Problem

linw
18-04-2018, 08:15 PM
One of my three win 10 comps has recently developed a problem with printing an email Word doc attachment from Chrome gmail. The Chrome Setting for printers has my local printer the same as the other two. The document says it can be opened with Google docs. When clicking the print symbol top right it races away into the ether then comes back with this error:- doc-14-a8-apps-viewer.googleusercontent.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

I am expecting it to come up with my local printer, of course, as my others still do and as this rogue comp used to do.

All comps use Libreoffice and all have it as the default for .doc and .docx.

Any and all suggestions welcome as I have run out of ideas.

wainuitech
18-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Had a similar problem with a Customer a couple of weeks ago, all sorts of weird things happening when trying to print from Chrome. All I did at the time was open the Control Panel - Devices and printers - Change the default printer to something else, then changed it back, after that it worked fine.

Sometimes when windows updates it takes over selecting printers. Manually making a printer a default instead seems to fix some problems, nothing to lose :2cents:

linw
19-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Yea, thanks WT. Tried that but no go.

It works fine in Edge so it is a Chrome thing it seems. I had reset the Chrome settings so no answer there.

That web address above is not accessible so that is the basic problem. No idea why as it is only a problem on the one comp.

Bit stuck but MAYBE the pending win update will fix it!!