PDA

View Full Version : IE 11 Security Settings

learning
11-04-2018, 01:19 PM
I know in corporate environments, Internet Explorer Options settings are grayed/disabled through domain Group Policy.

If you have Admin access to your workstation, where can you go in local group policy editor to enable those IE settings that you may want to adjust
E.g I need to add a trusted site into my IE 11's Trusted Sites settings under Security tab, but the Add button is grayed out. See attached screenshot. How can i enable this ?

I am thinking it will be through local group policy editor but i cant find the IE setting that i can override. Or if there is some other way to add this site to trusted so you can access it without IE warning/blocks please advise.

Cheers

Kame
11-04-2018, 01:27 PM
You're joking right? That's an oxymoron. I would do it at the firewall, not some exploitable software.

learning
11-04-2018, 01:32 PM
You're joking right? That's an oxymoron. I would do it at the firewall, not some exploitable software.

Its something i am testing through IE. Not a site on www. So i need to temporarily enable it in IE trusted zone

wainuitech
11-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Go into the group policy editor, have a look around :User Config>Administrator Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Internet Control Panel>Security Page>locked-Down trusted site Zone.

As well as : Computer Config>Administrator Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Internet Control Panel>Security Page>locked-Down trusted site Zone.

learning
17-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Go into the group policy editor, have a look around :User Config>Administrator Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Internet Control Panel>Security Page>locked-Down trusted site Zone.

As well as : Computer Config>Administrator Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Internet Control Panel>Security Page>locked-Down trusted site Zone.

Thanks Wainui, I will poke around in there and see what setting enables it.