PDA

View Full Version : Fritz Box

Brucem
05-04-2018, 12:32 PM
We have a Fritz box 7490 on fibre, with telephone. There is an integrated answering machine. As it is setup at present, the only way to see if there are new messages is to dial "**600", I am sure that one of the lights on the box should light or flash when there are messages. The manual, and the website do not seem to help. Does anyone know?

Nomad
05-04-2018, 01:24 PM
So you are paying for a monthly landline with 2Degrees?

2Degrees don't use the Fritzbox for the voicemail service. They use their own network "Home Phone Plus". You go to the 2Degrees webpage and login and you can set it up with email notifications I think. I think via email you can listen to the voice messages when you are outside if you have WiFi or mobile data access.

You can set up the Fritzbox yourself but you may want to set it up so it goes to voicemail before the Home Phone Plus does.

decibel
05-04-2018, 08:42 PM
I thought 2degrees used Stutter Dial Tone to indicate that a message is waiting?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dial_tone#Stutter_dial_tone

Nomad
06-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Bruce - how did you know you have a voice message?

I tried it out, I left myself a voice message using my mobile phone. Blinking lights on the Fritzbox itself - none.
Pulsing tones on the landline when the handset is lifted and placed to the ears - none.

It is not on the 2Degrees website now . Maybe I been with them since the Snap days, we get a email notification about missed calls and an attached .wav file to listen to the voice message anywhere in the world as long as we can get access to email in our case it's our gmail.

If you want to use the Fritzbox voicemail service - that is something you need to set up yourself. Maybe make it go to voicemail in 25 seconds. Because in 30 seconds to my clock, it goes to 2Degrees Home Phone Plus voicemail.

Nomad
06-04-2018, 05:47 PM
I have looked into this myself. 2Degrees has said there is no pulsing tone to let you know. You can set up a blinking light on the Fritz!Box.

This is how you enable the setting. To get into the router's settings type 192.168.178.1 and password should be "admin".

If you want to set up the settings like divert .. or when it goes to voicemail you need to go to the 2Degrees website and log in and then go to the Home Phone Plus section.

If you rather have the Fritz!Box do everything for you. You can go into the 192.168.178.1 and set up yourself.

Edit - since you say you need to dial **600 you're using the Frizt!Box integrated answering machine right than the Home Phone Plus voicemail feature. That is fine. Just go to the above section (picture 1) to enable your Info button to blink when you have missed calls / voice messages.

Also double check by going into the Frizt!Box menu - select ==> Telephony on the menu and then ==> Telephony Devices. Check that the Answering Machine service is enabled. We have set up ours but chose to disable it.

Brucem
11-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Firstly thanks to Nomad, I now have voice mail indication by flashing light. Until now we didn't know we had voice mail until we dialled **600.