PDA

View Full Version : Windows Pictures

Poppa John
29-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Hi All. I have asked this question befoer but cannot find the answer.Is there an easy way that an old fart can get back the old Photo Viewer. I canno figure out the new Photos at all. Thanks. PJ

wainuitech
29-03-2018, 08:01 PM
There certainly is, That's one of the first things I put back when working on W10 :) Its really simple. To make it even easier, do this.

Go to the following site/ Link , https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArtpakOMvZ4KiHrGKYTUwRyjIXH3

Download the reg file that's there ( click download at top of page)
IF it asks you to sign in just click the X to close the window, then you'll get the file. NO NEED to sign in.

Note: depending on what browser you use will depend on the buttons, but the Download WILL be one of them.

Go to where you downloaded it -- RIGHT click it - Merge. You'll get a couple of drastic looking warnings, just allow, continue. Once its done, takes a second. Photo viewer will be back.

To open photos in Viewer, right click the photo, - Open with - Select Photo Viewer:

If you want it to be default then change to default App.

Poppa John
30-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Hi W. I copied the fulllink you posted & copied it into Google. Message says it was not available or similar. PJ

Terry Porritt
30-03-2018, 09:39 AM
You don't have to copy the link to Google, just click on the link and follow Wainui's clear instructuctions.

wainuitech
30-03-2018, 10:52 AM
You don't have to copy the link to Google, just click on the link and follow Wainui's clear instructuctions.

PJ Watch the following video. Click on the link below and then click the Arrow. As terry posted DONT copy the link simply click it.

https://www.screencast.com/t/Wo7UEnsRb4ks

The Video shows using Edge, so when you click Download you can also click RUN instead of Save (at the bottom of the page) and it will do the same thing. :)

Poppa John
30-03-2018, 07:06 PM
All Done Thankyou. PJ

tingle
31-03-2018, 07:08 PM
Awesome, thanks Wainui. I have always hated the win 10 picture viewer. It never occurred to me that I could change it.
There is an Easter egg with your name on it waiting for you here.