PDA

View Full Version : Linux nemo Upload issue

piroska
20-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Don't really want to post all the explanations all over but they don't know and neither does my usual Linux Guru friend:

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=46&topicid=231929&page_no=1#1980698

It's like it's a Nemo issue, tried all the Firefox fixes, nada.....

fred_fish
20-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Firejail or some such?
who is your browser running as? ('ps aux | grep fox')

wainuitech
20-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Tried a better browser on Linux, something Like Chrome ?

Firefox does the same sort of thing on this windows OS sometimes, posting to PF1. Change browsers and the same site / files upload fine.

Just an example of FF playing up on Linux Here (https://superuser.com/questions/1290417/firefox-loads-but-wont-load-websites-after-crash)

Kame
20-03-2018, 10:42 PM
This seems strange. I would check those 2 folders permission and then mimick their permissions from your home folder and up, although permissions do not hide folders.

The file upload looks inconsistent to Nemo, so I am wondering whether you have an alternative File Manager or Firefox has it's own that it's using.

By the way, 18.3 Sylvia is the latest.

Kame
20-03-2018, 10:53 PM
By the way pctek, I just looked at a post on geekzone you made copying your home folder. That isn't the right way unless you claim ownership because that 'home' folder is owned by a different user by linux's way, even if you had the same name, that folder is owned by another user and linux can tell the difference.

So maybe your problem above is due to permission/ownership.

The right way is to not overwrite the folders or use Mint's backup tool, backup your home and restore it back.

piroska
21-03-2018, 08:33 AM
By the way pctek, I just looked at a post on geekzone you made copying your home folder..

It turned out to be a Firejail thing, Sorted now.

They copying folder? Actually thats long sorted now too. What I did I'm not sure, but my new method of copying home as a backup is fine and without issue now.