" " No2: 6.1.7600. 16385
" " No3 Unknown
" " No4: 21199612
" " No5: AutoFailover
" " No6: 5
" " No7 NoRootCause
CS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Local ID 1033

Any help appreciated, as I am out of my depth with this info.

wainuitech
18-03-2018, 08:26 PM
Unfortunately that info doesn't give any thing useful.

All its basically saying is the version of W7, the Language represented, something automatically crashed & it doesn't know what caused it.

Try starting the computer in safe mode.--- Press the power button, straight away start tapping the F8 key, hopefully it will give you a black page, white writing, select safe mode.

if it starts OK, the try ripping out the Graphic Drivers. The majority of the time if it starts in Safemode its driver related, just a case of finding which one(s)

If it still wont start in safe mode, as long as you can get the black screen, scroll down to "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and try that.

Failing that ;) you may need to run chkdsk /f /r from either command prompt from that black window, or from the Windows 7 DVD.

If its not Drivers then it could be failed hardware, possibly either a Hard Drive with bad sectors or Graphic Card.

Laggard
19-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Hi Wainuitech,
Getting a bit out of my depth here(years ago it was a lot easier!). Anyway I have ended up with the following screen.

Edit Windows Boot Options for: Windows7

Path\windows\(sys32)\ winload.exe

Partition : 2

Hard dsk:: 1DCF1DCE

[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN

Sounds a bit significant to me, (good/bad?) I await your advice.

I have not got the cd to boot yet, I'l be doing the F key dance.

wainuitech
19-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Could be the MBR has gotten corrupted. Not Dual booting are you ? Also AVG is known to cause this problem.

Have a read of the accepted answer in the following forum, see if that is of any help.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/17862-63-noexecute-optin-boot

Laggard
19-03-2018, 01:03 PM
No dual booting and Nod32 only.

Yes that sounds worth a try, but I'm treading water here, I've got no idea how to get from A to Z

In the meantime I have been able to get into the W7 CD and looking through diskpart, but once again my nose is getting wet!

wainuitech
19-03-2018, 01:16 PM
In the meantime I have been able to get into the W7 CD and looking through diskpart, but once again my nose is getting wet! :eek: STOP STOP STOP !!!!!

Leave diskpart well alone. If you don't know what you are doing with that you will wipe the complete drive and lose everything on the drive.

There are NO warnings like are you sure about deleting, you simply wipe partitions ( and various other tasks)

Laggard
19-03-2018, 01:46 PM
:eek: STOP STOP STOP !!!!!

Leave diskpart well alone. If you don't know what you are doing with that you will wipe the complete drive and lose everything on the drive.

There are NO warnings like are you sure about deleting, you simply wipe partitions ( and various other tasks)

No worry's, it was just I could access the disc that way, I did find, in the volume list, both partitions are healthy but the C: drive has "System Res" in the Lable 1 column.

Hopefully that's a good clue?

Laggard
20-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Cannot lock current drive Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected, Edit windows boot options for: Windows set up. Path:Windows 32\Boot\winload.exe

[MININT /REDIRECT RD IMAGE OFFSET=8192 RDIMAGELENGTH=3161088 RDPATH=mul7i(0)disk(0)cdrom(0)\sources\boot.w7m

Hi cannot think of much more to do a this stage, the above are a couple of results using the W7 CD but it needs someone smarter than me on computers to do anything more at this stage.
I feel it may be just a possible fault in the boot software, but its a pretty uninformed feeling :).

Anyone got any ideas?

Oh the sevens towards the end of the second line look more like a lopped of t with a dot overhead

wainuitech
20-03-2018, 04:03 PM
You can try rebuilding the bootloader, may or may not work.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/201672-winload-exe-missing-or-corrupt

Laggard
20-03-2018, 05:03 PM
After I get the W7 disc to start it goes automatically to the Advance boot options. I don't get the option to click next and choose?

Digby
20-03-2018, 08:59 PM
I am not very tecnhical
But I find that its often a question of stepping back and thinking what has happened to cause this?
And always try simple things first and don't down load any utilities that will fix it for you!
Wainuitech has some good advice
Its sounds like its an old machine Windows 7 ?

zqwerty
20-03-2018, 11:53 PM
If I had this problem I would slave the HDD to another going computer and take ownership of all files and folders, this would take a while then write enable them all, then retry back in original config, ie boot from the HDD as was intended.

Laggard
21-03-2018, 09:47 AM
I've pretty well decided to take it to a professional.

Laggard
23-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Turns out it was a broken update, 1st in the queue and not willing to give up it's 1st place.

I asked if they could send the account to MS! They declined, but said I could pass it on myself and good luck! ;)