PDA

View Full Version : Folder Display Settings

Neil F
06-03-2018, 02:45 PM
I prefer to have my Folders (and files within) display using the Details Tab under View..
I thought there was a way to go into Settings to make that the Default Display technique for all folders.
After going into a folder which has Icons as the Display mode I change it to Details but cannot find a "Save" setting.
Next time I go into that folder it will often show Icons again.

Complication -this does not apply to all folders but especially VIDEOS
Guidance please.

Terry Porritt
06-03-2018, 04:52 PM
I find getting 'details' to stick a bit iffy too. All you can try AFAIK is to to click on View on the top tool bar, when the ribbon appears click on Options. Change folder , click on View tab and then click on apply to folders.

This is supposed quote: to "You can apply this view such as details or icons to all folders of this type"

It maybe that the glue is a bit weak :banana

autechre
07-03-2018, 08:41 AM
Windows has always been awful at making a certain view the default for everything and having it stick.

I like to have List as my default, but some things such as CD/DVD contents are always in Detail view.

BBCmicro
07-03-2018, 09:45 AM
I prefer Details too. Windows is especially annoying with video-related audio. It assumes mp3 or aac means Album, Track, Contributing Artists when I really want Date and Length.

Setting Properties, Customise to Documents sometimes helps to suppress thumbnails

Neil F
08-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Thanks Terry,
I've applied your suggestion. I'll see if it "holds" after I log off then log on again.