PDA

View Full Version : Word 2013

Poppa John
03-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Hi All
Is it legally possible to get Word 2013 free. My MS Office opens with .docx. My cousin in the UK can only open .doc
Thanks. PJ

wainuitech
03-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Yes you can get Office 2013 for Free legally BUT its normally associated with some sort of Business, Educational institution, or similar organization, NOT for general public.

What program does your cousin have currently ?? If its an earlier version of MS Office 2000 or Newer they can download the Compatibility Pack, that will convert on the fly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=3

OR you can save the documents as .doc and they can read them.

You used to be able to get a word Viewer, but that's been discontinued and not to sure if it will read .docx. The Compatibility Pack will no longer be able to be downloaded after April, its being discontinued as well.

The other option is to install a free office program, something like Libre or Apache OpenOffice, both are free, both should read .docx

Poppa John
03-03-2018, 06:53 PM
Yes you can get Office 2013 for Free legally BUT its normally associated with some sort of Business, Educational institution, or similar organization, NOT for general public.

What program does your cousin have currently ?? If its an earlier version of MS Office 2000 or Newer they can download the Compatibility Pack, that will convert on the fly.

OR you can save the documents as .doc and they can read them.

You used to be able to get a word Viewer, but that's been discontinued and not to sure if it will read .docx. The Compatibility Pack will no longer be able to be downloaded after April, its being discontinued as well.

The other option is to install a free office program, something like Libre or Apache OpenOffice, both are free, both should read .docx

I have an Email pending asking him what Word he is using. Yes I do try & send as .doc, but these days often cant remember how I did it. I will mention the Capability as well. Thanks. PJ

wainuitech
03-03-2018, 07:29 PM
To save in a different format, go file/Save as, from the drop down box/window Save as type select .doc.

Poppa John
04-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Good, Thanks ffor that infoIt reminded how I did it before. I have typed up the method & stuck it in my hidden Paasswword book. That safe place that takes me a long time to find. PJ:)

05-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Hi All
Is it legally possible to get Word 2013 free. My MS Office opens with .docx. My cousin in the UK can only open .doc
Thanks. PJ

Even charity licenses arnt free . Someone allways has to pay

There is a patch available from MS to make older versions of word compatible with docx

or upload it to google drive & share the link , it will open online in his browser

Lurking
05-03-2018, 10:18 AM
1101, thanks for that link.

As you may well know, quite a few of us "oldies" have made a habit of "donating" to worthy causes, we have just donated to Fred Hollows Foundation again, just one of several.

As our computers are now in the hands of one of those "grotesque" 1% of the population, why shouldnt he give something back to his original customers and boy that's a great number.

Forget Nigeria's o/s debt Bill, they are one of the wealthiest oil barons'.

lurking.

top2018
06-03-2018, 06:45 AM
Any chance you still have access to Outlook 2007 install file X12-30151.exe

CliveM
06-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Any chance you still have access to Outlook 2007 install file X12-30151.exe

Do not trust this advice!

top2018
06-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Do not trust this advice!
what do you mean by do not trust this advice? This is not spam. I need this for someone else. Have a legitimate key for Outlook but cannot reinstall without software

wainuitech
06-03-2018, 03:55 PM
what do you mean by do not trust this advice? This is not spam. I need this for someone else. Have a legitimate key for Outlook but cannot reinstall without software The question should really be, Why are you suggesting or asking about Outlook 2007, in a thread where the Op is asking a question about Word 2013. ??

Its completely pointless, as there's NO WAY you would get Outlook 2007 from Office 2013. You have already asked the question relating to Outlook in your own post, no point in trying to change the subject in someone else's thread, you wont get any different answer to your own question ;)