PDA

View Full Version : Seemingly impossible to delete a particular old contact email address from Gmail

Misty
21-02-2018, 01:41 PM
We have old friends who went to live in Melbourne for one year and came back eighteen years later. They are now happily ensconsed in the South Island. Their email addresses in Melbourne were @Bigpond. I have replaced their email addresses with their new ones. However whenever I go to "Compose" a new email then I put a name in and it comes up with the name @Bigpond, with no other choices.

I have even managed to have the old email address shown in Compose and asked Gmail to search ...... but I get the answer that it is not a contact.

Now the @Bigpond address is most definitely NOT in the Contacts list. I have checked and I do NOT have any old emails from them from that email address. I have gone into My (Google) Account - but no joy.

I have done Google searches on the problem and kept getting stuff from 2010 and about Outlook, etc. None were of help. I fine-tuned my search and made for the past year and specified Gmail, but the limited suggestions available have not helped.

HELP PLEASE - I have spent hours on this!

piroska
21-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Go to: My Account
Under Personal Settings Click:
Dashboard

View data stored with this account

Under Contacts: Click: Manage contacts
Then notice that there are two lists:
My Contact
All Contacts
(Most likely the email address you wish to remove is under All Contacts, so search carefully)
Find the emails you wish to remove and click then DELETE CONTACT

This is in gmails webserver or a specific email program?

Misty
22-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Thanks piroska
They certainly don't make it easy! Even with all my navigational skills coupled with your very helpful directions I struggled, but got there. So Many Thanks~

Incidentally, I have not been very active for the last year at least on PressF1 so don't know if this covered, but I was interested to read -

"The name "Piroska" is one of Hungarian descent, and is most usually found among the women with utmost class and sophistication. Material items mean little to Piroska, as she'd be much happier to surround herself with friends, family, good food, and science fiction movies. Great gifts to give her are Alien figurines, Hand lotions, and Salami.

Piroska is the epitome of a hard worker, but at the same time, she knows how to relax and take things one day at a time. Having learned many lessons in life, she has wisdom for all and will laugh in the face of a challenge. She loves strongly and accepts others for their faults within reasonable degrees. She's the best friend you could ever hope to meet, and is always there to support you in your endeavors and dreams.

Piroskas, as a rule, are extremely afraid of crickets and will scream uncontrollably at the mere sound a cricket makes. This reaction, while quite unusual, is common among Piroskas, and the best way to calm her down is humor her fear and assure her that you are not laughing at her predicament."