• 16GB RAM
• 3TB Hard Drive
• Integrated Graphics

...and this puppy for $2299.00

•2.4GHz Intel i5 quad core processor
•8GB RAM
•128GB SSD + 2TB Hard Drive
•NVIDIA 2GB GT930MX

Now, for the uneducated I'm assuming a 2.4 Intel will be "better" than a 2.9 AMD, even if the Intel is an older i5. Is the Intel processor that much better, or would the 2.9 AMD PLUS twice as much RAM even the playing field? Or will I die wondering what could have been if I didn't go for the Intel?

And I'm also assuming the NVIDIA graphics card is standalone and not integrated? Will this make a difference to day-to-day use anyway i.e. not hardcore ga,ing or video editing etc etc

All other things being equal, the $1799.00 seems better value ...?

Many thanks.

zlatan24lex
13-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Visit following great solver as https://www.google.com/

wratterus
13-02-2018, 09:13 AM
Boy those AIOs are expensive for what you get.

I personally wouldn't touch the AMD at all.

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/WKAHDT3729944/HP-ProOne-400-G3-Education-All-in-One-20-Non-Touch

Does that meet the requirements? You really want a SSD.

allblack
13-02-2018, 09:23 AM
I personally wouldn't touch the AMD at all.

Hency my concern/question.

Your thoughts are similar to mine, which helps.

I need to pay it off, so pbtech not an option.

wratterus
13-02-2018, 09:28 AM
You will be pleased with the performance of the Intel one, especially with the SSD, if you're happy to spend that much. The AMD tech in those machines is very old, and very average. When they get Ryzen in mainstream noetbooks and AIOs it will be a different story though.

One option if you're not wanting to spend that much could be to get a lower priced Intel i5 based AIO with a HDD and integrated graphics, and add a SSD down the track?

Edit - just had a look at NL's website and they have stuff all of anything decent. The one you've got is really their best bet, if you are happy to spend that much.

Any other shops that might be an option?

13-02-2018, 10:06 AM
forget about rated CPU speed, in this case . CPU speed (alone) can be misleading .

AMD system
I wouldnt pay $1800 for a dual core PC . And it doesnt have SSD . So top $ price for a budget spec

Intel System
128G SSD : SSD is good, but you WILL have to closely monitors disk usuagae & manage where your data is stored with that AIO's 2 HD's

Also, AIO's cost more, are harder & more expensive to fix .
God help you if it fails out of warranty :)

Nick G
13-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Don't buy any AMD that isn't Ryzen. Do you really need an AIO? The 930MX is an extremely weak GPU, and a 35w T series CPU isn't great for the price. The screen won't be amazing either.

You can get far better specs for far less $$ if you bought a desktop and an external monitor.

If you absolutely need an AIO, I'd go for something like this - https://www3.lenovo.com/nz/en/deals/current-offers/desktop-deals/M910z-NZ-C3/p/10NSCTO1WWENNZ4/customize?
Spec it out a little, and you get 16gbs ram, 256gb SSD and a 1tb HDD, and a proper 65w cpu for under $2000 including delivery.

allblack
13-02-2018, 12:48 PM
God help you if it fails out of warranty :)

hmmmm....I hadn't thought about that..

allblack
13-02-2018, 12:49 PM
You can get far better specs for far less $$ if you bought a desktop and an external monitor.

I'm starting to get that idea, but it's so 90's!

wratterus
13-02-2018, 01:30 PM
It's actually the way forward.

wainuitech
13-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Also, AIO's cost more, are harder & more expensive to fix .
God help you if it fails out of warranty :) OHHHHHHHHHH yeah :)

Basically I look at them as a oversized laptop, because that's basically what they are except everything is connected to the back of the screen.

Done several repairs, one a motherboard cost approx $300 and it wan't anything flash. One insurance job I did for a customer after the earthquakes once ( they don't bounce to well -- The AIO's not the customer) ;) The replacement screen since it was all one sealed unit was over $1200.

There is another option as well, a standard Screen of your sizing, then attach a Intel NUC (search google for them) but they are a small box with minimum hardware.

allblack
13-02-2018, 01:47 PM
In a short space of time I'm kinda over the whole AIO thing lol.

Maybe not a good idea.

Nick G
13-02-2018, 01:52 PM
In a short space of time I'm kinda over the whole AIO thing lol.

Maybe not a good idea.

:thumbs::thumbs: Good call. They've pretty much got all the disadvantages of a laptop and all the disadvantages of a desktop.

dugimodo
13-02-2018, 03:12 PM
https://hungrypc.co.nz/product/23-dell-all-in-one-pc-core-i7-8gb-ram-500gb-webcam-usb-3-windows-10-pro/

Second hand, no touch screen, better than both at a fraction of the price. I've dealt with this guy before and he seems pretty good. He'll upgrade it for you if you want too.
Just a matter of how to pay for it of course.

I bought an older AIO off him and bunged an SSD in it (with duct tape, long story) and it ran like a dream.

Or get a small form factor pc and a screen if you have the space, works out better in the long run.

16-02-2018, 02:38 PM
Just a quickie here ...

Looking at 2 HP AIO's at NL.

This one for $1799.00

• 2.9GHz AMD A9-9410 dual core processor
• 16GB RAM
• 3TB Hard Drive
• Integrated Graphics

Just helped setup one of these
God its slow....it REALLY needs a SSD .

how do you tell someone their new PC is a budget spec and will allways be a bit sluggish
NOT a PC for the impatient or power/business user

wainuitech
16-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Just helped setup one of these
God its slow....it REALLY needs a SSD .

how do you tell someone their new PC is a budget spec and will allways be a bit sluggish
NOT a PC for the impatient or power/business user The Spec's in the quote -- It shouldn't be slow at all. :confused:

Must be all the HP crap in it.

SSD's certainly make things hum along well. Just finished installing W10 in an HP all in one, thought it would be slowish even with a SSD, but surprisingly its actually quite snappy. 20 sec from completely off to fully up and running. Disabled all the apps that don't need to run in the background and tweaked the system a bit.

Here's the specs( a real power machine ) :D -- NOT.

Usually if a machine is low spec, while tempted to tell them its a piece of crap, I usually say " its running to within its spec's" And they can figure out what that means ;)