PDA

View Full Version : ISP Info

Poppa John
03-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Hi All
As you may know I am in a rest home. I am a guest on their xtra.co.nz. I also have a lifetime mail address from an earlier xtra account of our own.
Now, a lady here wants to buy a laptop. Does she need an ISP ? She would have access to a pass worded connection to the Homes xtra account, would that give her a connection to the Net? If she wants email, not having an ISP, could she use Mozilla or suchlike? Thanks. PJ

Greg
03-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Hi All
As you may know I am in a rest home. I am a guest on their xtra.co.nz. I also have a lifetime mail address from an earlier xtra account of our own.
Now, a lady here wants to buy a laptop. Does she need an ISP ? She would have access to a pass worded connection to the Homes xtra account, would that give her a connection to the Net? If she wants email, not having an ISP, could she use Mozilla or suchlike? Thanks. PJ

Nope, she wouldn't need her own ISP, given that she'll use the Home's account. She'll just have to set up a username and password for her own use.

Poppa John
03-02-2018, 08:12 PM
Nope, she wouldn't need her own ISP, given that she'll use the Home's account. She'll just have to set up a username and password for her own use.

OK Thanks.PJ

Alex B
05-02-2018, 10:53 AM
By the homes Xtra account, do you mean Wireless Internet? If so she won't need her own connection. And she can just set up a GMail or Outlook account for email.

Poppa John
05-02-2018, 06:30 PM
Alex.Yes by homes WiFi. PJ

Alex B
06-02-2018, 01:48 AM
OK, then no, she won't need her own connection, just connect it to the WiFi,

Poppa John
07-02-2018, 08:26 AM
OK, then no, she won't need her own connection, just connect it to the WiFi,

Thanks. PJ

If you are in London How did you get on PF1. PJ