PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome

lostsoul62
26-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Google Chrome never agreed with me and here is one reason why. I put Google Chrome on my computer and I took it off for reasons I don't want to go into. Now all my links to the Internet don't work and I get an error message "Unable to open this Internet Shortcut. The protocol "https" does not have a registered program." I have never like Google Chrome because I have always had problem with it and what is it good for?

wainuitech
26-01-2018, 03:48 PM
Chrome is just another browser, Sure some are going to say its better than the rest,more secure, faster, point to test results- which will be different on some other site, but at the end of the day use what ever you prefer.

What will have happened with the links is Chrome made itself the default -- That's one thing I personally change. What you can do is depending on what browser you are using, go into its settings and make it the default.

If you have Windows 10 - in the search, type in Default Apps -- Open it, scroll down the page a little, look for the following wording:

8656 Or the one under it, doesn't matter which.

Once it populates ( can take a few seconds) , scroll through, anything that has chrome as the default click it and change to what you want.

lostsoul62
26-01-2018, 04:18 PM
I just did a roll back and now it works. I will never put Google chrome on my computer again.

wainuitech
26-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Some programs do have a tendency to take over.

Got one media Player that I use, installs fine, but even if you tell it not to be the default for certain media formats, it tries ( in the background) but windows gives a slap on the hand and stops it :)

mzee
26-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Google Chrome never agreed with me and here is one reason why. I put Google Chrome on my computer and I took it off for reasons I don't want to go into. Now all my links to the Internet don't work and I get an error message "Unable to open this Internet Shortcut. The protocol "https" does not have a registered program." I have never like Google Chrome because I have always had problem with it and what is it good for?

I think that Google Chrome has a problem with you, not the other way around. If you just need a Browser, use a simple one like Firefox etc. But if you wish to work offline most of the time use Chrome, it is almost a system on its own. I don't use any other Browser on any of our computers, and I can work on the same projects on any other computer with Chrome in it.

27-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Dont blame chrome.
The issue wasnt with chrome. The issue was the state of your OS.

Im not a chrome fanboy btw :-)