PDA

View Full Version : Emails to Clear bouncing back

Misty
07-11-2017, 04:15 PM
For my sins I am the Chairman of a voluntary group. Yesterday I was sending out an email to our Committee and it was very noticeable that all three that bounced back as undelivered had Clear email addresses. Now, I understand that after 30 November these people will have to have a new email address - and for a while afterwards it will be forwarded to the new address.

Anyone else encountering the same problem please?

wainuitech
07-11-2017, 04:38 PM
What is the reason given for bouncing back / undelivered? There normally is one.

Vodafone were /are having problems with emails going to outlook.com, quite a few even their own invoices are being marked as spam ( Vodafone confirmed this and said they were working on it with Microsoft)

Misty
08-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Actually wainuitech it appears that it may not be a Clear problem. Here is the message I received for each of the three "(after MAIL FROM): 554 5.7.1 DNS Blacklisted by safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net"

Misty
10-11-2017, 09:08 AM
It looks like the Sorbs system (The Spam and Open Relay Blocking System) wrongly identified the message as Spam, though how that would be for a simple message is beyond my comprehension!

10-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Actually wainuitech it appears that it may not be a Clear problem. Here is the message I received for each of the three "(after MAIL FROM): 554 5.7.1 DNS Blacklisted by safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net"

yes there is a clear issue . Clear email is a clunky old system , used to get blacklisted often.

http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Broadband-services/Receiving-regularly-Mail-Delivery-Subsystem-lt-MAIL-DAEMON-clear/td-p/215006

Sending mass mailouts can also sometimes trigger spam blocks