PDA

View Full Version : MSN / Windows messenger

11-01-2002, 10:56 AM
I am running Win XP Home and have the latest version of windows messenger (4.6 XP) and I still cant connect with other users using the talk function.
Can anyone offer assistance on this?
When I try to connect with another user, MSN just hangs and then crashes.

11-01-2002, 02:11 PM
Man, MSN Messenger's cool!

Does it always happen or just sometimes, because it would be a good idea to check the .NET Messenger Service Status (click help then .Net.....) MSN does crash a lot, so it would pay to check the status if you think something is wrong, not logging in... etc.

11-01-2002, 02:28 PM
msn messanger 4.6 is bluddy ****!!!! . if you wanna run it or wanna have a voice chat with a opposite person ,the other person have to have a same version of messanger
so the best way is to unistall msn messanger4.6 and download msn messanger 3.5 or 3.0 .you can only download v3.5 and 3.0 if you search the website in google.com

12-01-2002, 12:38 AM
it happens everytime i try to have a voice conversation. The people I am trying to talk with are using the same version (4.6) typing is ok..just cant talk.
I dont know that i can uninstall as its a feature of XP and i dont think i can install an earlier version???

12-01-2002, 09:31 PM
MSN doesnt always like firewalls either.

If both of you are running firewalls, it pays for one person to reduce security to a minimum otherwise you wont hear diddly squat.