PDA

View Full Version : Program not installed with XP Setup

10-01-2002, 08:51 PM
Can someone help me please? I have a new computer with XP installed. Frontpage Express is part oF XP but is missing, apparantly it didn't get installed. I havefollowed the instructions, re: Add/Remove Programs, Windows Componets, select Internet Services. Internet Services isn't there. Neither is Admination Tools on the program list. If it was 98, I would just insert the disk & reload again but I am not sure with XP. Miscorsoft doesn't want to know. Fat lot of help they were. Would it be okay to use the disk to install the missing bits.
Thanks
Bengal

10-01-2002, 09:53 PM
Sure..use your disc, when it loads it will ask if you want to install extra features...may be in there, also try doing a search for Fronpage, may be hidden??

10-01-2002, 10:08 PM
Thanks for that info Jim. I will now go @ try it. I have searched for it & found an empty folder.
Colleen

11-01-2002, 12:31 AM
Are you sure it's meant to be with it.

From memory they stopped including frontpage express from IE 5.XXX.

11-01-2002, 11:13 AM
hi,

Frontpage Express does not come with XP. IE4 was the last version to come with FPX. You cannot download it from MS anymore, but copies are still available on the web. A search using Google will yield a result. It runs under XP fine afaik

11-01-2002, 10:12 PM
I would like to thank everyone for their help with my problem regards FrontPage Express. I followed the instructions & ended up on the Micrsoftsite. Not only could I down load the program, I was also able to print out a step by step instruction manual. Once again, many thanks. I couldn't have done it alone.
Colleen

16-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Hi Colleen.

Could you possibly copy and paste the link to the step by step instructions for Frontpage Express on this posting please.

I'm just starting to learn about FPX and would find it useful to have the instruction manual. Thanks... Wendy :-)