PDA

View Full Version : CD Burning ;-)

09-01-2002, 05:37 PM
I am just looking to purchasing a Ricoh CD-ReWriter, but I have a question I would like the answer to before I buy the CD-RW. The question is as follows:

If I had a CD-RW that was capable of writing at 20x (model MP7200A)/24x (model MP7240A)/32x (model MP7320A), and I wanted to backup/copy a CD disc which was written at a speed of 8x. Would I still be able to copy this particular CD at 20x/24x/32x speed? Or would I have to copy at the speed the original CD was written at which in this case is 8x? Or can?t I copy the CD completely (just because it?s a fast CD-RW?

Also if anyone knows somebody in Auckland who can sell any of the three models of CD-RW listed above (Ricoh MP7200A/7240A/7320A, could you please who they are and contact details if possible.

Many thanks, ;-)

09-01-2002, 06:00 PM
You have to burn the 8x cd at 8x you cannot burn it at a higher speed unless you want to ruin the cd. My new software (Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platium) automatically detects the maxium speed that a the cd can be writen on to and will not let you copy it at any higher than that speed.

Cant help you with where to find those cd writers.

09-01-2002, 06:17 PM
sy,
the speed at which the original cd was burnt does nor affect the speed at which you can burn a copy. The burn speed is limited mainly by the writer and the blank cd. It always pays to do a test burn first (this runs through the burn process without actually burning, just to make sure everything is going to work properly). Other software running at the same time as the burner can also make a burn fail. Try PB Tech for a drive - they usually have pretty sharp prices and an excellent backup service.

09-01-2002, 06:41 PM
You might have a bit of a job finding a Ricoh burner like I did before Xmas. I was told they aren't bringing any more into the country, or if they were it would be a long time before they did.

I went for a different brand in the end.