PDA

View Full Version : Dialup Network

09-01-2002, 04:40 PM
On my desktop system, running Windows 98SE my dialup network connection will only dial ONCE and will NOT redial after the set time. I have the system set to redial 10 times at 10 sec intervals, but the software will not do it. When orginally setup it worked OK but for some time now it doesn't. Can anyone advise how to get the system to redial, without reinstalling Windows clean. I have tried deleting the Shortcut and setting up a new one several times, but this still does not work. I don't have a virus, having checked the complete system with the latest McAfee DAT file.

Your help would be appreciated.

09-01-2002, 06:43 PM
Don't bother reinstalling windows because I did recently and now I've got the same problem as you....

Looking forward to some ideas on why this is the case.

09-01-2002, 09:00 PM
John

Ten seconds between attempts (including dialling and exchange/ISP response time sounds a bit fast. I'd give it a little more time to play with. Why such a short fuse? Do you have consistent problems getting a connection?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

09-01-2002, 09:07 PM
10 seconds should be plenty of time. I used to have mine set to 2 seconds, but now have it set to 5 (because for some reason it doesn't allow me to set lower than 5 anymore).