PDA

View Full Version : Recording CDs

09-01-2002, 04:24 PM
I recently installed an HP 9140i CD writer and have tried both the supplied (HP) software and Adaptec's Create CD. My understanding from both programmes is that a music CD made using these programmes can be played on any CD player. I have been able to play some I have burned on my domestic CD player but not on my car's CD player. Neither will they play on a friend's domestic unit. What is the likely reason?

09-01-2002, 05:35 PM
Try slowing the burn speed down to x4 or less

This will more than likely slove your problem.

==Orac==

09-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Haven't burned a music cd yet, but from my research the cds only like to play in more recent players if burnt at higher speeds.

Will have to remember Orac's advice when I have a go soon.

09-01-2002, 07:33 PM
Hi

I have a HP 9140 and use the HP Record Now software, an 8 meg download from the HP site, instead of Adaptec's software.

I have had no problems with any cd's I have burned, they play on my mothers old CD player, my car and my home stereo. I don't recall having to do anything to change the record spped when doing a disc - it does it automatically after carrying out a write speed test.

Creating a data disc or cpy of an existing disc has also been fault free.

J.

09-01-2002, 11:28 PM
I'm the same as Jester. However, try burning an audio disk and then trying that in your car. Slow the burn down to 4. You may find that helps.