PDA

View Full Version : Getting a signature on a PDF form

Neil McC
27-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Can someone please tell me how to get a copy of my signature onto a pdf form with active fields using Foxit.
I have to issue a compliance or safety certificate for any work I do,and lately a couple of people have asked for my signature on the form instead of just initials.
Which means I have to print the form,sign it,then rescan it into pc to email it off.
Have tried scanning a copy of signature into pc but a jpg won't copy into Foxit.
Any clues?
Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
27-09-2017, 12:18 PM
You may need a graphics tablet, which comes with a pen. Not too sure if Foxit would recognize it, but windows will /, or should

wainuitech
27-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Not to sure about Firefox ( haven't used it in years) But I use Nitro Reader (Free Version) Its quite simple. First sign on a piece of paper, make sure its clear, and solid ( not a bad signature) scan it, crop out as much as you can around the edges so there's not a lot of white space. Save it as any type of picture format, Eg. jpg, bmp, png etc.

In Nitro, simply go to Quick Sign (top ribbon) Select Create New Signature - From File - Navigate to the scan you just made, select it -- That's it done.

NOW when ever you want to put your signature on a PDF, simply click Quick Sign, select your Signature - it then attaches to the mouse pointer and "Floats" on the page, place it where ever you want on the page by left clicking to drop it, click Apply and its there. Just as if you had actually manually signed it. Save the PDF and its all done.

Nitro does make the background Transparent, so its as if you have manually signed it, over a Line or whet ever is present. (see site linked below)

If you can make the background transparent first it works even better. There many ways to do that simply search Google for "make signature transparent " Options using graphic programs or online.

Just found one place, tried it - works fine. https://www.pdfautomationstation.com/public/The-Easiest-Way-To-Make-A-Transparent-Signature-Stamp.cfm Once you already have a saved picture, jump straight to Option 10.

kahawai chaser
27-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Page 98 of the Foxit PDF manual (http://cdn01.foxitsoftware.com/pub/foxit/manual/reader/en_us/FoxitReader73_Manual.pdf) (direct link - over 200 pages) describes importing or creating a handwritten signature on page 98.

Neil McC
28-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Thanks a lot guys.Will give those a go.