PDA

View Full Version : Audio/Video outof sync - how to fix.

Bryan
22-09-2017, 07:58 AM
There are many supposed fixes shown on Google but they do seem difficult to use. Has anyone here found a sure-fire way to sync audio with video that is simple to use? There are video editors but I cannot get my head around them to do any good.

Bryan
22-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Typical of me. I have experimented and used VLC to open the movies and have found that the particular movie plays perfectly well and is in sync. Doesn't help with being unable to play on the Sony Bravia TV that only accepts certain codecs though. Also having copied the movie from DVD using MKV, that too is perfectly in sync. Mp4 seems the problem to solve. I might try a conversion to .avi and see if that works.

22-09-2017, 12:03 PM
another option is to get a cheap media player that supports modern, common codecs & formats . Plug that into the TV
Save yourself alot of hassle with a external media box that simply works on most media files as is.

Terry Porritt
22-09-2017, 12:03 PM
I seem to remember having had track synchronisation problems in the past when re-encoding from one format to another.

Incidentally, with VLC there is a track synchronisation feature in the Tools tab. It takes a bit of fiddling with the time increment to get it just right.