PDA

View Full Version : Photos (Again)

Poppa John
21-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Hi All
Toshiba laptop, W10, Nikon Coolpix A300.
I have taken some pics around this Rest Home for my cousin in Englaand. I have two Icons, one for My Pictures & the other is MZ Photos (I hate this program). Most of them I want to email One I want to print. I can bring the pics onto screen but cannot do anything with them.
Two questions. A) How can I do the above. B) can I get rid of Photos Programme altogethe but keep the photos. Thaanks. PJ

pctek
21-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Do anything? Like what?

Uninstall any programs you do not want, from Control Panel.......
Then, if you need a photo editing program download and install one.

That will normally make it become the default viewer and editor.

If you don't want to edit one....a viewer can be downloaded, don't have to use Windows one.

To email, just create your new email, then select ATTACH, you'll get a file browse window, find the folder they are in and select them, once done, send.

Poppa John
21-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Do anything? Like what?

Uninstall any programs you do not want, from Control Panel.......
Then, if you need a photo editing program download and install one.

That will normally make it become the default viewer and editor.

If you don't want to edit one....a viewer can be downloaded, don't have to use Windows one.

To email, just create your new email, then select ATTACH, you'll get a file browse window, find the folder they are in and select them, once done, send.

OK 1). If I manaage to uninstall Photos, what happens to all the pictures.

2) To Email. I will try that this evening. PJ

Poppa John
21-09-2017, 07:43 PM
I was just checking the Apps & noticed "Photo Gallery" which I never noticed before. Again no obvious instrctions to a dunnderhead like me. Will keep tyring. PJ

Lawrence
21-09-2017, 08:16 PM
PJ, Go to settings/Default Apps and go to Photos,click on it(takes a few seconds to open) then choose Photo's(top one)

All pic's should open with this as it has been set as default

Poppa John
22-09-2017, 10:28 AM
PJ, Go to settings/Default Apps and go to Photos,click on it(takes a few seconds to open) then choose Photo's(top one)

All pic's should open with this as it has been set as default

I want to get rid of "Photos: program & go back to My Pictures which I understood. If that is I can delete Photos.. With Photos I struggle to print a Picture Or attach to email. Yes I know how to attach from My Picctures but not from Photos. Mos times I have to print answers because by the time I have come out of PF1 back to the original page ,,,,,,,I have forgotten what I was doing. Since maryann died My brain is slowly dieying & I don't understand as well as I used to do. Bit of a bugger really. PJ

pctek
22-09-2017, 12:38 PM
OK 1). If I manaage to uninstall Photos, what happens to all the pictures.

You uninstall whatever PROGRAM you don't want, not the actual photo files.
The photo files are data, and will open with whatever new program you assign them to (which by installing and opening a new one should do by default)

wainuitech
22-09-2017, 01:12 PM
If you are referring to the old Photo Viewer as per Windows 7, then in Windows 10 it has been removed. BUT you can still get it back. No need to uninstall the current "photos" as it will only be put back when W10 upgrades. You HAVE to install photo viewer if you wanted to use it, uninstalling "Photos" wont do anything.

Go to the following site https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14312-restore-windows-photo-viewer-windows-10-a.html Scroll down the page - Download the reg key/download in Option 1 then follow the instructions on that page.

Direct link to the reg file, will trigger the download. windows-photo-viewer-restore-windows-10-a-restore_windows_photo_viewer_current_user.reg (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/87052d1467040726-windows-photo-viewer-restore-windows-10-a-restore_windows_photo_viewer_current_user.reg)

Poppa John
23-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Hi All
Thanks to Wainui this has been sorted. PJ. :clap:)