PDA

View Full Version : Malwarebytes V3+

mzee
15-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Malwarebytes are adamant that they replace a standard Antivirus app as well. I have removed my Antivirus, and will see what happens!

CYaBro
15-09-2017, 12:53 PM
I've only been running Malwarebytes premium on my computer for a few months now, and so far so good.

dugimodo
15-09-2017, 01:04 PM
I feel we should point out that that is for the paid premium version, not the free one. I'm sure that was obvious to most but it bears stating.

I'm still sticking with my free Defender / MBAM / NOD32 online scanner option that's worked for me since windows 7 became common.

wainuitech
15-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Nothing has really changed. Its the same ol thing, NO one piece of software will stop or detect all infections. only have to look at the results from doing a scan with Malwarebytes (V3) then run others and they usually will find items MB missed.

Got an example, persons Laptop earlier this week, had Malwarebytes V3 pre on, did a scan and it located nothing. Ran hitman Pro, zemana and Emisoft - found quite a few more including a Trojan.

Lawrence
15-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Don't think I would only rely on Malwarebytes for the reason it excludes quite a few Websites it thinks may be dodgy ,so you disable Malwarebytes to view what ever you want to see.

There may be a chance you will run into a compromised website and with no other Antivirus you may get infected

Also if you plug in a USB that is unknown to you thats infected, Malwarebytes won't help much

I run Malwarebytes along with Eset Nod32