PDA

View Full Version : Help, again, please

ianhnz
26-07-2017, 06:30 PM
I been having problems with my Longitech Mq50 mouse.
I did a Google, logitech wireless mouse m150 driver download and its not my friend.
I can not find the driver.
Gives me a heapa stauff I dont want.
I bought a combo, mouse and keyboard years ago and keyboard is fine but mouse been playing up for a while.
It locks up and I found hitting the Esc helps, or it wont go where I want it, just jumps all over the screen.
I checked it via Microsoft's updates and used a driver updater and noyhing helping.
A while back it really packed a sad and I tried 3 corded mice I had and nothing worked.
I'm running Windows 10 Home and had a cuts full and did a format recover, about 2 mpnth ago and was fine, now it's back.
Hoping someone can please help?
Ian

Driftwood
26-07-2017, 08:24 PM
From your description it sounds like an issue that needs hands on attention.

Lawrence
26-07-2017, 08:26 PM
This Article covers most of the bases

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-your-logitech-wireless-mouse-stops-working/

Have a Logitech Marathon Mouse and when the Batteries get low it plays up

zqwerty
26-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Blow the dust out from around the opening where the LED shines from.

ianhnz
26-07-2017, 09:54 PM
From your description it sounds like an issue that needs hands on attention.

You mean like, laying on of hands?

ianhnz
26-07-2017, 10:01 PM
This Article covers most of the bases

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-your-logitech-wireless-mouse-stops-working/

Have a Logitech Marathon Mouse and when the Batteries get low it plays up

Thanks, very interesting.
Working my way through and I'll get back when all done

27-07-2017, 09:56 AM
simple answers

download drivers from Logitech, not any other 3rd party site
it might be faulty
you might be getting interference causing it to cut out
it may be going into power save when it shouldnt
batts may be bad
it may simply be a rubbish design with poor drivers

bk T
27-07-2017, 10:41 AM
How far away is your PC from the Router? I had very similar issues with the Mouse and it took me a long time to nail down the Router is causing the problem.

Moved the Router away solved the problem.

As 1101 mentioned above, interference could be the culprit.

Jedsdad
27-07-2017, 01:51 PM
I have had problems before with a mouse.
Some things I did to resolve were:
Ensure the LED underneath the mouse is clean (as mentioned before)
Ensure the rubber pads under the mouse are clean, no build up of gunk.
Ensure the battery is ok (as previously mentioned), change if not already done so.
Ensure the Mouse wheel is clean inside, this requires some technical nous to dismantle and clean the mouse wheel. Useful if it is jerky when using the mouse wheel
Ensure the surface you are using the mouse on is clean and dry, a damp cloth can remove any gunk. Have you tried the mouse on other mouse pads?

dugimodo
27-07-2017, 03:35 PM
I am not sure you can get the driver by itself from logitech, instead they want you to install their software but it's not that big and I find it ok myself.

I had a couple of problems with my first few optical mice;
Some surfaces they just don't like - greatly improved with modern mice but still a thing. A plain white A4 piece of paper works really well in a pinch (we used to tape them to the desk at LAN parties when people forgot their mouse pad)
Sometimes a tiny little hair which is almost invisible would get trapped in front of the lens and cause erratic movements by vibrating and flicking around in front of it
poor range and low batteries can be an issue too, move the mouse as close to the receiver as practical.

ianhnz
29-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Hi guys.
Could find the driver so I bit the bullet and bought a new wireless mouse/keyboard and nows all good.
Thanks to all that responded.
Next problem, I install Advanced System Care a while back and ran the uninstaller.
Problem is when I go into file manager the folder is still there.
Ya not gona believe this but I just went in, as I was typing this to try and delete to find what it said, and sodden thing deleted.
Well, I musta did something right, today.......

bevy121
30-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Arrggg! Why would you install something like Advanced System Care! - in fact, why would anyone install anything of IObit....