PDA

View Full Version : editing sound file

Peter Coleman
05-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Hi guys,I have a sound file of a person speaking and I want to take out a specific portion of that talk.What program can I use to do that,prefferably a freebie but any other options looked at.It's an MP3 by the way.Thanks

Peter

R.M.
05-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Audacity. Free, great to use. And will do mp3 files. Any problems, get back to me. I use it for all the audio editing I do for Camera Club presentation of results. :)

Peter Coleman
05-07-2017, 08:52 PM
thanks,I'll have a look

Terry Porritt
05-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Or, if you want a very tiny no frills program (1.2MB download) you could try Eusing MP3 Cutter. I use it for simple editing.

http://www.eusing.com/free_mp3_cutter/mp3_cutter.htm

BBCmicro
06-07-2017, 09:57 AM
I use Audacity.

(Can use video editing software too. No need to have any video around, just import the mp3, chop it up and export as mp3. I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6)

Roscoe
26-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Hi guys,I have a sound file of a person speaking and I want to take out a specific portion of that talk.What program can I use to do that,prefferably a freebie but any other options looked at.It's an MP3 by the way.Thanks

Peter

I agree with R.M. and BBCmicro. Audacity is very good and easy to use and best of all, it's free. You can edit very accurately. You will find that you can edit out a piece of someone's talk that well that the listeners will not hear to the edit. And the good thing is that if you make a mistake there is an undo option. Very useful. Give it ago. I'm certain you will be satisfied.