PDA

View Full Version : Need a program recommendation - to log points on a grid

Chikara
05-07-2017, 01:10 AM
Hi, can anyone recommend a program or an excel template that can perform a simple task I need to do. I need to map a series of (non real life) locations on a grid/chart. Imagine a x and y axis, upper left corner is location coordinates are 0,0, lower right corner is let's say 1000, 1000. I need a simple app or suggestion on how I can add different co-ordinates on this grid, label them, be able to add and remove, be able to see them visually (not just in a list) and - ideally - be able to zoom in and out.
I'm sure there is probably an Excel graphing function that can do this, but I don't know the proper name of that type of plotting so haven't been able to find a template yet or create my own. Also tried searching Google in a hope there might be a similar app, but no luck yet.

kahawai chaser
05-07-2017, 11:40 AM
I used to add advanced excel type charts to my websites/blogs, but by using online sites to generate them. So maybe try something like interactivate. (http://www.shodor.org/interactivate/activities/SimplePlot/) I would follow excel pro's like John Wallenbach, but involves VBA programming. PC World use to have some of his tutorials on disc I think. That guy could make any kind of chart, or even interactive "clocks" from Excel.