PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

R.M.
21-06-2017, 12:48 PM
This has turned up as an error message on my trusty desktop:

WSHelper.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because CBSCreateVC.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I have a number of irritating problems on my desktop at the moment, one with my on-line access to SBS website (my bank - making it very difficult to use, as I have to login several times to achieve my goal), and also with ProShow Producer (the fonts seem to be muddled up at the moment).

I'll start with the first one, and see where we go from there.

As always - TIA for your help. :)

Bryan
21-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Hi RM. Did you Google WShelper? Looks dodgy and you might have to remove it. Google looks like it has sites that could help. Nod32 didn't like me looking at it.

wainuitech
21-06-2017, 03:17 PM
WSHelper.exe belongs to Wondershare Software. Wouldn't be the first time Wondershare triggers antivirus software and gets deleted. The error is because files are missing, possibly your AV nabbed it ;)

R.M.
21-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Yes - you are both right. Downloaded a Wondershare programme this morning to do something (it didn't!) - and was left with this problem. Even after I had uninstalled the programme. I have now done a reset of a Set Point, and that has fixed that.

Thanks for your comments. :)

22-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Downloaded a Wondershare programme

:badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Run a good malware removal program across the PC now , malwarebytes or similar
also check browsers for addons/extentions (or reset/default them)

R.M.
22-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Downloaded a Wondershare programmw - Yeah, yeah, yeah - I do know that! My only excuse is that I wasn't very well. And yes, I do use Malwarebytes.

The really good news is that my other two computer problems seem to have 'sorted' themselves overnight. Has to be a good day today. :)