PDA

View Full Version : MS Skype v 7.37 for Win 10

Neil F
20-06-2017, 10:30 AM
How are other PC form members reacting to this "upgrade". I installed the upgrade from V 7.36 (which worked fine).
Results My prepaid Call acct with a balance of E6.38 was wiped.
I have had several Contacts Lists - faulty . My preset up one disappeared. I tried to create a new List -did so . but then when I added a new Nr on one person it allowed me to request them to accept me for Skype and the next person I added did not allow me to send them that request..
Skype Free calling , video etc is greyed out.
I am also on Microsoft Community Forum and that is full of complaints from disgusted members about this new "improved" version.
I tried reinstalling an older version but it too takes one to the New installation window.
Last night in desperation I tried a System Restore only to find System Restore wont work -error 0x80070091 which I now know from MS Forum is an MS error from a previous Win update. The problem was advised long ago to MS but they are not addressing it. The HELP tab on Skype is full of guidance but as per usual -not properly tested.

Comments please

dugimodo
20-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Is this the modern app version of Skype? I tried it and didn't like it so I'm sticking with the classic desktop version as long as possible

Neil F
20-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Hi dugimodo.
I only use(d) Skype from my Desktop.
If I understand your post you successfully managed to revert to the prior version.
How did you manage to accomplish that successfully?
Tonight MS has a post on the MS Forum for Skype advising "sorry we are trying to fix Skype access for users so system is down"

dugimodo
21-06-2017, 12:49 AM
I maybe just never updated to the version you are having problems with, I was referring to the desktop version vs the windows 10 metro app style version.
The metro one seemed less featured to me, there was no need to revert as I have both installed and just stopped using the one I don't like.

Desktop version here https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/downloading/
The other one seems to be built into windows these days, but I don't like it so I ignore its existence.

bevy121
21-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Here is all the previous versions....

https://skype.en.uptodown.com/windows/old