PDA

View Full Version : more Linux install problems

08-01-2002, 01:30 AM
Okay, I managed to get around (not solve) my last problem...

now I have a new one... I got as far through the install (mandrake 8.0) as Installing Packages... at this point it says 'Please wait, Looking for available packages', which stays on the screen for about 3-5 minutes, then up pops this messsage:

'An error occurred
Nothin found while parsing /mnt/var/lib/urpml/hdlist.CD 1 Installation CD (x86)(cdrom1).cz'

I click OK and it takes me back to the format partitions screen, which goes fine then I get to the same place again... endless loop. I tried installing using Expert rather than Recommended, and I manage to get through to the same point, at which I get the error (with a bit extra):

'An error occurred
Nothin found while parsing /mnt/var/lib/urpml/hdlist.CD 1 Installation CD (x86)(cdrom1).cz at /usr/bin/perl-install/pkgs.pm line 453. (incleanup) setstep choose packages.'

and clicking okay does the same thing - sends me back to the format partitions step, then onto this again and again...

What do I do??? :)

08-01-2002, 01:41 AM
I suspect its still related to the cdrom.

Try pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1, F2, F3 etc to get some more information.

08-01-2002, 02:41 AM
I couldn't get any new information by pressing any combination of those keys :)

and its not the cable-select problem, as both my HDD and my DVD drive are both set to Master (one Primary, the other Secondary)

08-01-2002, 03:14 AM
Ah, on second attempt I do get reaction from those keys:

'<4>hdc:cdrom_decode_status:status=0x51{DriveRead y SeekComplete Error}

<4>hdc:cdrom_decode_status:error=0x30'

and somewhere else:
'warning: packdrake: bad toc_trailer in archive file /mnt/var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.CD 1 Installation CD (x86) (cdrom1).cz'

that make sense to anybody?