PDA

View Full Version : Win10 error

bk T
13-06-2017, 11:18 PM
My Windows 10 Pro -- Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.332) is running 'very well' but, ...

Reliability viewer shows I am having this error: "Windows was not properly shut down" Technical Details : "the previous system shutdown at xxx (time) on xxxx(date) was unexpected"

I am having this error every day, every time when I start /restart my PC.

I am shutting down my machine properly. What is happening here?

Lawrence
14-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Check to see if there is anything is still running in Task Manager for a start

Also check Troubleshooting out also https://www.howtogeek.com/260248/how-to-make-windows-troubleshoot-your-pc-problems-for-you/

Also sfc /scannow

Fast Start-up in the Power options, is this ticked? then untick it

CliveM
14-06-2017, 08:19 AM
If everything else is working correctly I would not be concerned. Do what Lawrence advised above and see if you find anything. I had some odd things like that showing up in Reliability Viewer a while ago and as far as I could figure out it was just one thing or another occurring a split second out of sequence that caused it to be reported as an error without any noticable problems with using my machine. It is now running rock steady and all that has been changed is the updates that I always accept as a matter of course.

bk T
14-06-2017, 10:40 AM
My other Win10 PC (older specs) which is having exactly same settings and applications programs shows a very nice and clean 'picture' in Reliability Viewer. They both have Fast start up turned ON.

sfc /scannow found no errors.

bk T
15-06-2017, 08:58 AM
Turned OFF Fast Startup and the error has gone!

Is this a bug with Win10?

15-06-2017, 10:48 AM
Turned OFF Fast Startup and the error has gone!

Is this a bug with Win10?

fast startup is known to cause some issues on some PCs/laptops

bk T
15-06-2017, 02:37 PM
So, it is a known bug and MS don't bother (or couldn't) to fix it.

15-06-2017, 04:25 PM
So, it is a known bug and MS don't bother (or couldn't) to fix it.

You mean the same MS who still havnt fixed a networking bug thats been there since Vista :banana
or the "green bar of slowness" (maybee thats finally fixed in 10?)

Power save/hybernate/sleep/faststart have been causing issues on some machines since christ was a cowboy. For the majority of machines there is no issue.
MS cant test on every piece of hardware & every driver known to man . Stuff happens.
:)