PDA

View Full Version : XtraMail Password

ManUFan
23-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Hi All

Is anyone else experiencing problems with XtraMail logging you out. Then not recognising what you know to be the correct username / password combination?
Then doing a password reset and using exactly the same password works fine!

Been having this issue since last Friday. All was good until then.

Using the web based portal. In FF and Chrome (same issues with both on 2 different computers).

Cheers in advance.

wratterus
23-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Haven't seen this issue...perhaps reset the password again?

www.spark.co.nz/changepassword

ManUFan
23-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Thanks Wratterus but have been doing this 'lots' just to gain access again. Am going to try a different browser (IE11) here.
Mostly annoying when trying to access e-mails from mobile devices

bk T
23-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Works fine here in Auckland.

Bryan
23-05-2017, 07:07 PM
When that has happened to me, it generally seemed to be the Spark connection was at fault. It eventually (maybe and hour or two) comes right. Suggest that you maybe contact Spark and see if there is an issue.

ManUFan
24-05-2017, 08:26 AM
Talked to SPARK help desk. Seems someone else may have been accessing my MySpark account! They reset it for me. Re-registered. And will see what happens now....... The buggers could have at least paid my bill!!

wratterus
24-05-2017, 08:58 AM
The other thing is you want to check that ALL your devices that are syncing your email have the correct password. If a device is constantly trying to authenticate with the wrong password, that can cause issues.

ManUFan
25-05-2017, 06:00 AM
Still have issues. All devices have same password (1 tablet & 1 smartphone). Funny thing is only seems to be an issue between around 12 noon and 5pm! If I reset my password
to the current one about 5pm then all good until next day.... Interesting????? Thinking I might just delete this email address and recreate it as the same (if possible)....... Or
(in typical Kiwi bloke fashion) live with it and see if it goes away :-)

26-05-2017, 09:46 AM
are you using the new xtra webmail portal & not the old yahoo/xtra webmail adress ?

could it be that when 2 devices login to webmail at the same time, it causes issues . ?
Are the devices logging off webmail correctly, not just disconnecting
are you trying to login with a alias
is the web browser automatically trying to put in a old saved password . Is a password manger screwing things up

Or just see this as an opportunity to move to gmail.

ManUFan
26-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Yes - new portal. Have already considered dumping Xtra address and using my GMail one...
Suspect that it is one of my 'devices' causing an issue. Usually have PC at work, iphone, and tablet logged in.
Not got the work PC logged in today and no issues yet....
Will keep fingers crossed that that one is causing the problem.

Cheers

dugimodo
26-05-2017, 02:21 PM
I'm working on moving to Gmail also - but I'm doing it very slowly. I have it set up so logging into Gmail shows me all my E-mail in one inbox from all 3 of my addresses so I never actually use a mail client or the spark webmail directly for spark. Gmail checks it for me and includes it in my gmail inbox.

What I did was logged into Gmails webmail page and then in settings added my Xtra accounts. That way I can just use Gmail to get both, and it works on my android phone and tablet without setting up multiple accounts on them.
To be a bit fancier I created a label for my xtra accounts so I can tell the difference in my gmail inbox and then created a filter to apply the label to all those messages. I've been slowly migrating away from spark e-mail for a few years now but there are still some stragglers.

rumpty
27-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Is the current xtra webmail portal xtramail.co.nz ? That page is not accessible from here right now. It times out.

dugimodo
27-05-2017, 03:11 PM
https://www.spark.co.nz/xtramail/signin/

rumpty
28-05-2017, 04:07 PM
https://www.spark.co.nz/xtramail/signin/

Your link works, even on WXP, thanks dugimodo. The other one, www.xtramail.co.nz, doesn't work on WXP, but it does on W7 and on Linux.

ManUFan
29-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Have had no issues all weekend. Only difference being that my work PC is not logged into XtraMail. Guess most likely that
it is timing out and logging me out. Causing some issues when accessing from other devices.