PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment

07-01-2002, 05:41 PM
I am so disappointed. On 2 January I posted a query asking the meaning of the warning message 'Free MPEG Driver Kernel Fail!' and to date I have had not even one reply. Maybe the knowledge out there is less than I had anticipated, but I am still sure that lots of you guys and gals will be able to tell me what my computer is trying to say. I'm relying on you.
Cheers

07-01-2002, 05:49 PM
Going by the sound of things, the kernel 'Free MPEG Driver' failed. I'm guessing that you have a program called Free MPEG or something similar. How often has this message come up.

JM

07-01-2002, 06:16 PM
here ya go richard....2 answers to ya post....sorry I cant solve the problem but it sounds like that pesky kernel is playing up....is the warning appearing all the time or only when ya use certain applications?? If ya use your 'find' option in the start menu to locate the darned thing then use the up one level' button at the top of the window it should help you locate which application is trying to use it. Then if ya give us a yell as to which prog it is perhaps someone with actual knowledge might deign to answer......I hope

07-01-2002, 06:51 PM
hi Richard,

there isn't a lot on the web regarding this, but a Japanese site mentions it in conjunction with Media Player.
If I were to guess at your problem I would say it might have to do with a directshow MPEG2 codec installed as part of some DVD software playing up. If you have DVD software see if reinstalling it helps. If not I can't help you alas.

It would help us if you would tell us (again?) when the problem occurs, and what you are doing when it happens.