PDA

View Full Version : Downloading video from net - ? programme

R.M.
24-04-2017, 01:47 PM
I want to download and keep (in both .avi & .mp4 formats) some videos (the 9th Floor series).

For some reason (? stupidity on my part I suspect...) I am having difficulty doing this. So - what are your suggestions?

As always - TIA - always appreciated. :)

24-04-2017, 02:11 PM
So - what are your suggestions?

1) just too vague
those 'vids' could be anything , on any site , so wont get a descent answer .
embedded, direct download, youtube, vids you have to pay for, vids that the owner doesnt want downloaded
:)

looks like audio can be downloaded
http://www.radionz.co.nz/podcasts/the-9th-floor.rss

Next question, isnt this piracy. If the video content owner doesnt want them downloaded ?

R.M.
24-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Sorted...

I realized I hadn't given enough info, but the problem had sorted itself out. And no, I don't think I was pirating. I don't do that.

kioti
03-05-2017, 12:08 AM
R.M
What are you having difficulty doing; downloading the video files or keeping them or getting them in both .avi and/or .mp4? The vid files will either be .avi or .mp4. If you download either file format you can use a converter to change them to the other format. If you burn the .avi files to a dvd they will play in a home dvd player IF it is capable of playing .avi files....mp4 (AVC H.264) will not play on a standalone dvd player but they will play in a Blue Ray DVD Machine. Both .avi and mp4 (h.264) will play in a computer if you use VLC Media Player which you can download for free and use. So the question is. what are you using to download the video files from the net? Torrents are illegal but if the series you want to get is available to watch on youtube then you can use either youtube downloader to get the files (you can get YTD from the net) or a free program named 'Freemake Video Converter. You copy the url link and then click the 'Paste URL' in the GUI of Freemake Video Converter. It downloads the video faster than you watch it...half hour video downloaded 5 minutes...you chose the format that you want before you click to download the video....so you can choose .avi, mp4 and many other formats and after it has downloaded the video clip it then converts/encodes it to your chosen one. https://www.google.nl/search?q=freemake&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=b2gIWZO_CoLAaLSah1g

R.M.
03-05-2017, 06:46 AM
Thanks for your comments. I have it all sorted now (and it is just something to watch while I'm on my way to Barcelona today...).

KarameaDave
03-05-2017, 08:57 AM
You lucky thing, don't forget to go to Parc Guell
Amazing.

R.M.
03-05-2017, 10:25 AM
I'm only there a day - then onto a 21day Med cruise... My husband and I spent 5 days in Barcelona in 2004. This time I want to see the inside of the La Sagrada Família. We walked around the outside last time, but didn't go inside.

So yes - I am lucky. I'm going with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter. Granddaughter will be 13 years in 3 weeks. They left NZ yesterday.