PDA

View Full Version : Win10 Inexssable Boot Device

SP8s
05-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Hi all

I guess the title says it all and I've searched the posts on here for an answer. Youtube have instructional videos on how to fix it, problem is there are numerous methods on how to do it, however, some of the ones I've seen don't actually fill me with confidence.

Came in here to find out whether anyone has had the same problem and can point me in the right direction for a reliable fix ...

Cheers
SP8's

wratterus
05-04-2017, 02:05 PM
It's always difficult to fix this type of issue without seeing the PC, as you've found there are numerous different fixes, and the issue could also be caused by any number of things.

I would always start with hardware diagnostics in the situation, specifically a hard drive test - if the drive is failing, that will more than likely be what has caused the issue, and there is no point trying to fix that issue if a failing HDD is the culprit.

Speedy Gonzales
05-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Did you change any settings in the BIOS like AHCI? Change anything like Legacy to UEFI?

SP8s
05-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Almost new WD Black HD ... No changes made to BIOS

Who hacked my computer and changed the heading to Inexssable ?? I know it's spelt Inixsesibal !!

Speedy Gonzales
05-04-2017, 02:23 PM
No you cant spell :p Inacessible

dugimodo
05-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Inaccessible actually, don't you have spell checking on your browsers?

Anyway does the hard drive show up in the BIOs, and have you plugged any USB devices, flash drive, phones, etc into your PC lately? A friend of mine couldn't boot up because she was charging her phone off the PC and it decided to boot from it. Any USB drive can be mistaken for a boot device.

Speedy Gonzales
05-04-2017, 02:39 PM
I blame the stupid kb for the missing c :p

SP8s
05-04-2017, 02:58 PM
No USB devices. It's my secondary computer, so I think I'll just backup what I need and go back to a earlier version ... haven't really got the time or inklynashon to stuff around with it today.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccc

Found a few C's for you Speedy ... $10 each ... help yourself :rolleyes:

dugimodo
05-04-2017, 04:41 PM
And can you see the drive in the BIOS ?

SP8s
06-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Apologies dugimodo .... yep, the drive shows up in the BIOS

dugimodo
06-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Try a bootable flash drive or optical disk, just to see if it works to start with. If it does you can then try to diagnose the hard drive with whatever tools you can access that way. I'm not sure what Linux live would have but you could at least check the drive is working to begin with, a windows disk should let you get to a command prompt and run chkdsk.

If it seems like the drive is still able to be read from the next thing would be to try and repair the windows installation from a windows disk.

06-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Hi all
Youtube have instructional videos on how to fix it, problem is there are numerous methods on how to do it,

thats because there are MANY different faults that can cause that message :)
most commonly a HD issue , or bios not set to boot from HD 1st (eg a USB HD or stick plugged in, or a CD in the drive) , or more than 1 HD & its booting from wrong HD