PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air - Keyboard Mouse Issue

mark1978
04-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Hi, my son came home from school and said his Macbook Air keyboard and mouse stopped working. It boots fine however it comes up with "bluetooth Keyboard Setup" but you cant select anything. I have attempted to reset the SMC to no avail. Any other suggestions you can give me? Kind regards, Mark

CYaBro
04-04-2017, 08:27 PM
How did you do the SMC reset?
Did you have the magsafe power connected?
When you do the SMC reset the magsafe LED should go green for a bit then back to orange.

mark1978
04-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Hey thanks for the reply, yes I did exactly what was described on the Apple website. It didn't help as it still turns out the same where no keyboard or mouse can be used...

mark1978
04-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Am not sure if the SMC actually work, a USB mouse does work, however a USB keyboard doesn't. So if the USB keyboard doesn't work I doubt the SMC actually resetted

CYaBro
04-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Am not sure if the SMC actually work, a USB mouse does work, however a USB keyboard doesn't. So if the USB keyboard doesn't work I doubt the SMC actually resetted

Yea if the magsafe LED doesn't change from orange to green then back to orange it hasn't worked.
If the device is fully charged then let the battery run down a bit so the orange charge LED is on.

mark1978
04-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Its 100% now so I'll wait, I tried to see if I could do a full reset and pressed command R when starting the macbook air to no avail. I think the keyboard it totally not responding to anything.... I will wait for the battery to drain a bit... and try the SMC trick again, any other suggestions? I tried a USB mouse, that works, but no USB keyboard, after a while the "bluetooth keyboard setup" comes up as well.

mark1978
06-04-2017, 06:28 PM
!!SOLVED!! I created a bootable USB drive with MacOS Sierra, put it in the Macbook Air, then press start and hold the option button, boot up from the USB and Bobs your uncle :P