PDA

View Full Version : Press the red button for TVNZ OnDemand

ledzep
30-03-2017, 06:54 PM
I've got a Samsung Smart TV and I've been using the apps for Netflix, FanPass, Lightbox (sometimes!), Youtube, etc. But I had been struggling to find the TVNZ OnDemand app which the online documentation said was now in the Freeview Plus app, which I couldn't find either. After a lot of searching I finally emailed Samsung, and they told me all I needed to do was press the Red or Green buttons on the remote control. I didn't know this, and as I usually used the universal remote I wouldn't have accidentally knocked these buttons to discover this. My question to the forum - am I just really stupid (I am setting myself up here for you to say yes!), does everyone else know to press the Red button. Or is this Samsungs best kept secret? They pointed me to another Freeview Plus page which generically mentions pressing the red button on the remote control, but I found nothing about this on the Samsung site. I'm not complaining about FreeviewPlus and TV OnDemand apps - they are great, just what I wanted. But how was I supposed to know to press the Red button?

wainuitech
30-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Remotes are the downfall of many people.

Sorry but cant resist this :D

lakewoodlady
30-03-2017, 08:21 PM
I also have a Samsung smart tv and yes, you press the red button on the remote. Usually when I turn the tv on, a reminder thing pos up in the top left corner of the screen notifying you of this.

LL

Tony
30-03-2017, 09:32 PM
I have a Harmony remote and I have mapped the red button on the Samsung remote to the red button on the Harmony - works a treat.

If we are sharing remote humour, this demonstrates beautifully why universal remotes are the way to go.

linw
31-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Love that, Tony! Hits the nail right on the head.

A plug for Harmony remotes.

Tony
31-03-2017, 08:43 AM
Love that, Tony! Hits the nail right on the head.

A plug for Harmony remotes.The remote doesn't need a plug - just the charging station. :D

ledzep
31-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Thanks guys. Interesting about the guy getting a reminder on the screen at startup. Never seen one of those, but sounds like a good idea.