PDA

View Full Version : Nod32 question

bk T
29-03-2017, 10:04 AM
I am planning to 'upgrade' to Win10 from Win8.1 in the next couple of day. Of course, will do a 'clean' install of Win10.

Question: Will I be able to keep my Nod32 settings/configurations when Win10 is fully installed? Of course, I will need to reinstall of Nod32
Is there a way to back up my Nod32 settings?

Cheers

Lawrence
29-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Most important part is to make sure you have all your licencing details first off

Have to remember that some settings will be different moving to Windows 10,if you have Eset Internet Security or Eset Smart Security Premium there will be differences

bk T
29-03-2017, 11:08 AM
I have the Anti Virus.

Where to find the licence details?

29-03-2017, 11:21 AM
I have the Anti Virus.

Where to find the licence details?

In the email they sent you when you paid/renewed

older version of Nod used a EAV number & a password
Newer versions use a install key
You can allways ring them, they are very helpfull.

bk T
29-03-2017, 11:30 AM
OK.. will have to search for the email they sent me!

What about other settings?

wainuitech
29-03-2017, 11:42 AM
If you don't have your email, the easiest way is to open Nod32, click someplace to make sure the window is active, then Press the Ctrl + U keys, a window will open, there you will see the EAV-xxxxxxxxxx Then call Chillisoft (0)9 309 3281 Option 1

Tell them your reinstalling and cant find your key, they will identify you and re-email you the details.

Just called them to find that out :) Started off with -- Dumb question for today :D

As for the configuration settings -- This is on Version 10 -- on the left, click on SETTINGS, then bottom right export - Follow prompts.

If you have an earlier version of nod, then I don't know.

29-03-2017, 11:45 AM
What about other settings?

open Nod, setup, import/export settings
That might also import lic key ? (been a while since I did the import / export)

Unless you had a particular non standard setup thats too long to redo, just start from scratch
You may be importing less than ideal settings (unless 100% sure of what/why was changed in your setup)