PDA

View Full Version : Highlighting Question

SurferJoe46
27-03-2017, 06:30 AM
On my Samsung tablet, I have a highlighter that allows me to color any written lines in one of four colors.

Since I believe that getting black type on white "paper" as it were on my screen, uses all three RGB LED'S --- that if I use one of those colors that I am lowering the usage of memory by doing the latter.

What say ye, Upsidedown Land-ers?

dugimodo
27-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Doubtful, each pixel is set on or off and that info is recorded regardless of what colour is displayed. Also using all 3 pixels would result in white not black. Turning them all off gives black. Might save some power but not memory :p
Unless of course up there on the wrong side of the planet black is white ? Or it just occurs to me you are referring to the paper colour, but meh.

beama
27-03-2017, 09:02 AM
tried greenshot

SurferJoe46
27-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Dugi says: "Unless of course up there on the wrong side of the planet black is white ?"

Be as snide as you like - WE'RE going into the warm season now and youse guys get ------- penguins!

dugimodo
27-03-2017, 10:57 AM
For file storage in a compressed format it might make a difference, but memory usage on screen or in a bitmap not so much.

I've never seen a penguin outside of an aquarium, would like to actually. Was shooting more for teasing than Snide but *shrug* guess there's not much difference.
Our winter here in this Hamilton where I live (as opposed to your one) is pretty mild really. Apart from getting a lot of rain, and occasionally dipping below freezing in the early mornings, it can still be very pleasant on a sunny day. I've seen snow a few times in my life, but I had to drive up a mountain to see it anywhere near home. Point being, our cold season is not so cold really.

On the other hand the Waikato river runs right through the middle of Hamilton and when conditions are right we can get some very persistant fog. There was one very depressing winter where the fog barely lifted for an entire month, just thinning a little around mid day.