PDA

View Full Version : Lost ability to access ip camera with my Windows phone

Eorr
05-03-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm puzzled with this issue, hoping someone can shed some light on it for me.

Short story:
I have lost the ability to access my IP camera's remotely using my Windows Phone. It used to work before I upgraded to Vodafone's VDSL system.

Long story:
I have some IP camera's set up for several years now. They are an old style and I don't have any model details. The only management with them I can get is to log into them using a web interface called Web Application Manager. It is real basic. It just allows me to set the IP address which I've done.

Upgraded to Vodafone's VDSL service and after installing the new router and setting reserved static ip's etc and port forwarding as per previous setup, I am still able to log in to the Web Application Manager on the local network using the local IP address and off-site over the internet (albeit restricted to IE interface only) using the router's internet address. I have the ports forwarded correctly it would seem as all this works.

My problem is that I can no longer view the camera's using my mobile phone for some reason. I'm using a Windows Phone with an app called MEyePro. All the settings are the same. It worked before the switch over, now it doesn't.

If you can spot something I might have overlooked or have any thought that might trigger something I can work with I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you.

Eorr
05-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Some more info: Router is an ASUS DSL-AC56U; I installed a network checker utility to check that port 80 was open (whcih is used in the mobile device access) - it reported that the port is open but on another device - why would that be? Is it something to do with the router?

05-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Some more info: Router is an ASUS DSL-AC56U; I installed a network checker utility to check that port 80 was open (whcih is used in the mobile device access) - it reported that the port is open but on another device - why would that be? Is it something to do with the router?

Some ISP supplied routers simply dont port forward reliably. It may even be the router is using port 80 itself , sometimes you can change that to say 8080 .

Or better yet, change the port on the IP Cam/software .
port80 : such a poor choice . Not surprised it doesnt work. Also note that cheap IP cams are famous for being insecure & easily hacked .