PDA

View Full Version : Win XP Update gone wrong

06-01-2002, 06:18 PM
I was trying to do an update of Win XP Pro, but two of the updates just wont install - the Euro converson tool (not imp), and the update for CD-R drives (very imp). When I go to the web site, everything goes well, until it starts to download. It goes straight form 0K to complete, but then wont begin installing. I have installed these two updates on other installs, but have just reinstalled XP because of a HDD crash.

I only had NAV 2002 installed this time, last time I had heaps of stuff. Since the updater isn't downloading the files, it may think they alreafy exist ? does anyone know where they may be, because they might be corrupt ?

I can't get my CDR drive going properly (music CD's are all gibberish). Please Help. Thanks

06-01-2002, 10:34 PM
These two updates that you are referring to are not critical windows updates. Did you read the relevant KB article describing the problem, and if applicable to your particular setup, this is available by clicking the link assocaiated wih the relevant update - (Remenber) only update as required - not just because it is there.

PS- are you running under administrator account, or your user account

These two updates that you are referring to are not critical windows updates. Did you read the relevant KB article describing the problem, and if applicable to your particular setup, this is available by clicking the link assocaiated wih the relevant update - (Remenber) only update as required - not just because it is there.

07-01-2002, 12:49 PM
I am running under my personal login, and the update is very necessary if I want to use my HP CDR drive to make music CD's.