PDA

View Full Version : Win10 Programs starting automatically

Pato
13-02-2017, 12:01 PM
I have noticed recently that some programs I have in my task bar are starting without my input. They are open when I click on the Icon.

Not a worry, but I am curious as to how this may be possible.?

Speedy Gonzales
13-02-2017, 01:13 PM
? What icon. If you click on the icon, the program will open. Thats what happens

Pato
13-02-2017, 01:56 PM
? What icon. If you click on the icon, the program will open. Thats what happensI am not that thick. Perhaps I didn't explain myself. Don't worry about it.

Speedy Gonzales
13-02-2017, 02:03 PM
I wont

CliveM
13-02-2017, 02:07 PM
Do you mean that if you hover over the taskbar icon it shows that the app/program is already open before you click on it?

Lurking
13-02-2017, 02:09 PM
I have noticed recently that some programs I have in my task bar are starting without my input. They are open when I click on the Icon.

Not a worry, but I am curious as to how this may be possible.?

BH's W10 desktop does it all the time, not from the taskbar, in the middle of what ever she might be doing. ctr/alt/delete does not interrupt the stupid little blue circle from rotating on a blank screen. Now just let the thing do whatever it's doing and come back much, much later.

After returning we find a little white box at top left of screen, "program is not responding", wait or cancel, what effing program !!!, cancel and the main screen is back.

Think she likes W7 somehow.

lurking.

ps. the other times I switched off at wall, ("yes I know, that's not good" and switched back on after the drive has had time to rest, seemed to right itself.

lurks.

Pato
13-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Do you mean that if you hover over the taskbar icon it shows that the app/program is already open before you click on it?When a program that is open is minimised to the task bar it appears with a green line beneath the Icon to show that it is open. This is happening when I haven't had the program open. I hope that makes it clearer.

Driftwood
13-02-2017, 02:20 PM
If you don't wont them to be there, close them, then remove them from the startup list.

Pato
13-02-2017, 03:01 PM
If you don't wont them to be there, close them, then remove them from the startup list.I could do that, but that would not satisfy my curiosity.

Driftwood
13-02-2017, 03:23 PM
So, exactly what is it you want to know?

wainuitech
13-02-2017, 05:19 PM
If its a "program" then its in the startup options.

If its a Tile, then depending on which one it could be that live tiles are turned on, or its been told to run/open in the background, so it will show as open, because its actually running. If you disable from running you can still have the tile, but it will be closed.

Pato
13-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Thanks wainui. It had me puzzled.