PDA

View Full Version : SBS server online backup options

20-01-2017, 01:28 PM
Hi there
Im after suggestions for a cloud backup service for SBS server : docs, exchange, sharepoint etc

Any recommendations ?
Any issues you have come across ?
does cloud backup become a nightmare for anything more than recovering a few files ?
Is it unpractical to use cloud for a full image & restore ? Not sure how a reimage restore would be practical from cloud backup
issues with say exchange or sharepoint full recovery (a nightmare even with tape based backup :( )

Its all easy peasy until you need to do a restore .
Cheers

berryb
26-01-2017, 11:10 PM
I have been using Keep It Safe to backup data for clients. Has the ability to backup to cloud and local. But the cost is getting up there. I am now testing Acronis Backup Cloud and can also do local and cloud backups. I am backing up a complete basic server 30Gb plus with no issues. Also testing with data files as well. I haven't done a test restore of the server yet but the file restore works well. There is different install files to make the backup Exchange, SQL etc aware.

CYaBro
27-01-2017, 12:22 AM
How much data are we talking about and what's the internet connection?

You can't go past shadowprotect, and they do have their own online backup service as well.
Or you can use one of the many others available.
You need to have a local backup first and that then gets sent to the cloud.
In the first instance you would restore from the local backup but if that's not available then from the cloud.
You also have the option of spinning up a virtual machine of the backup in the cloud and then vpn to that while work is done on the on prem server.