PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Outlook 2010

R.M.
18-01-2017, 12:17 PM
I have had a number of problems with my desktop email, but mostly it has been Spark stuffing around, and it usually comes right in 24hours. As stated above, I use Outlook 2010.

I think this might be related, but is very persistent. I have no problems receiving emails, but each time I try to send, I have to reconfirm my password, in spite of ticking the box each that confirms that I want to save my password. Didn't use to need to do that?

Just an annoying glitch that I have to live with, or is there a 'fix'?

18-01-2017, 01:17 PM
assuming you can send when you enter the pass....

Its outlook.
the old outlook save password bug. :badpc:

Try installing Office SP1, SP2, SP3(?)
or try recreating the email profile
or manually re-enter the pass in the pop3 setup (from control panel: email)

There were other 'fixes' in the past, you'll need to google them & find one that works

wainuitech
18-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Have a look at the following article / Scroll down to "work Around" https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2762344

Basically by removing the entry you are simply removing the stored password. This goes for ANY saved passwords, they can be removed ( under Web Credentials) . Outlook will be under Windows Credentials, it can also be called by a different name Eg: ssl or SSO pop or something similar, if not obvious when you click on the drop down arrow to the right of the listing and it gives more details.

R.M.
18-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Thanks for that. That seemed to fix it. I'm happy now - at least for the moment. :)