PDA

View Full Version : Adjust mouse wheel speed on Chromebook.

mzee
10-01-2017, 07:36 PM
In Chromebook settings you can adjust the mouse button speed, but not the wheel scroll speed.

There is an extension "Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller" which does the job. It also works in the Chrome browser on other systems.

Lurking
11-01-2017, 07:50 AM
Interesting, we just place the mouse in the r/h slide bar depress scroll button and just move the scroll down for fast or slow.

There is a lot of b/shite to read sometimes and this button is used a great deal of the time for that reason.

Only wish I was a speed reader, lol.

lurking.

mzee
12-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Interesting, we just place the mouse in the r/h slide bar depress scroll button and just move the scroll down for fast or slow.

There is a lot of b/shite to read sometimes and this button is used a great deal of the time for that reason.

Only wish I was a speed reader, lol.

lurking.

Does not work with Chrome, nothing happens when you press the wheel.

Lurking
12-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Sorry to say this, but it does on this XP SP3 pc. Will try the W10 lappy tomm.

Only thing that won't take hold is the shift/print keys, to show you. And I'm using a wireless mouse.

lurking.

mzee
14-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Sorry to say this, but it does on this XP SP3 pc. Will try the W10 lappy tomm.

Only thing that won't take hold is the shift/print keys, to show you. And I'm using a wireless mouse.

lurking.

Sorry -- should read: Does not work with Chromebook, nothing happens when you press the wheel.
Works fine in Chrome Browser in Windows & most Linux.

Lurking
15-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Sorry -- should read: Does not work with Chromebook, nothing happens when you press the wheel.
Works fine in Chrome Browser in Windows & most Linux.

You may have to get 4 of these mzee:

https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chromebook-central/jHsCIXiG2m0/vduPBhCgDAAJ