PDA

View Full Version : MOuse issue?

pctek
07-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Beginning to think not.
What happens is, after a while, days, mouse starts to speed up - that is the movement across the screen. To the point it's annoying and hard to control.

I can cure it 2 ways:

adjust mouse speed in settings (but it comes back and I end up having mouse speed turned down to nothing)

Unplug it, plug it back in again

This happens with all mice, all USB ports.
The USB ports are just fine with keyboard in them, printer and so on.

So beats me.....I bought a new mouse recently too, fancy one with it's own driver and control software, same thing. So that sort of eliminates driver issues.
Removed and reinstalled them anyway - the Windows standard one as well as the new mouse one.

Didn't help.

Lawrence
07-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Not the surface it's been used on?

The surface mines used on has gone shiny and once Black has the particle board base showing and in certain places is erratic sometimes

If I put Newspaper under the Mouse no problems

Lurking
07-01-2017, 09:27 PM
We have replaced all those cable mice with wireless mice. Don't have to yank cables from awkward places now.

Thinking about the two printers next.

lurking.

pctek
08-01-2017, 08:18 AM
No, as I said, it's fine once I replug it in, then slowly over the next couple of days the speed increases again.
It's a weird one.

Richard
08-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Maybe you have bought a Mighty Mouse! You should have got a Mickey Mouse.

zqwerty
08-01-2017, 10:32 AM
I'm just trying out a cheap wireless mouse at the moment, not bad for $10, NB _ the dongle is hidden in the mouse and not loose in the box.

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/p/necessities-brand-wireless-travel-mouse-black/R2115282.html#q=wireless+mouse&start=1

Richard
08-01-2017, 11:39 AM
Your dongle should be in your pants where it belongs.

pctek
08-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Can't believe it took me so long.

It takes a few days because Granddaughter is only here weekends.
She pushes the DPI button - located under the scroll wheel.

Duh. LIke I didn't think of the DPI button!!

Oh well. Problem solved, I fell suitably thick now.

Driftwood
08-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Yeah, it had the symptoms of an induced fault & they're always the hardest to find.

lakewoodlady
08-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Can't believe it took me so long.

It takes a few days because Granddaughter is only here weekends.
She pushes the DPI button - located under the scroll wheel.

Duh. LIke I didn't think of the DPI button!!

Oh well. Problem solved, I fell suitably thick now.

Sometimes we have to actually think outside the "handy grandie" rather than the box , lol!

LL

linw
09-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Had a wee smile, but not in a derogatory sense. We do tend to smack ourselves around the ears with these things but, hey, who else would have found that solution? Just sometimes it is not the computer's fault!