PDA

View Full Version : buffering downloads

05-01-2002, 07:36 PM
I live in a rural area and my modem 56k generally runs at less than 28k. Does anyone know a download program that will save the mp3 etc for half an hour to an hour so we can get a complete song.

My computer is 40gig 215 ram and I run ME.

Thanks doug

05-01-2002, 07:54 PM
Habe you tried using Audiogalaxy...

@ www.audiogalaxy.com.

I use to use that all the time when I was posted to Waiouru. What you can do is set the downloads to download over night (say 15-16 songs a night) and in the morning they are there waiting for you. But you have to ensure that you have a flat rate or say 20 bucks for 200 hours because you are leaving it for a good 8-10 a night !!

Any queries you know where I am..

Good luck in your quest Sir Knight..

05-01-2002, 10:34 PM
There is a whole plethora of download tools on the cd with the last issue of pc world or you can try using Download Accelerator which has the option of resuming your download etc. If your problem is getting disconnected overnight then you can also try some of the internet connection tools on the cd which have the option of pinging to fool your ISP into thinking the line is fully active and keeping it open or some will even automatically reconnect for you if the connection is broken.