PDA

View Full Version : AGP Video Card Install

05-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Greetings everyone,
I'm having a bit of trouble installing a new AGP video card that I bought recently. The card is an ATI Rage Pro and the problem is that after installing it, my o/s (NT4 Sp6) dosen't 'see' the card and neither does the software and drivers that come with it.
The install program for the card says 'no hardware found'
I checked the motherboard manual which doesn't seem to address this issue,(jumpers, dip switches etc) The motherboard makers site says nothing of any help.
I noticed that on the video card there are a couple of 'cut outs' that don't match anything in the AGP slot although the card is the correct length and sits in the slot securely. I'm running out of things to try. Any ideas anyone?

I'm running NT4 SP6, 256MB Ram.
The motherboard is a Soltek SL 65KV2 with a Celeron 700 CPU.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

05-01-2002, 02:04 PM
hi Jim,

what was your old card? Have you installed the 'Standard VGA' driver before installing the new drivers? On that board there is an option in the BIOS to assign IRQ for VGA try switching it on. Have you got the 4in1 motherboard drivers from VIA installed? There have been 2 BIOS updates for that board too. I'd only update the BIOS as a last resort however. There may be newer drivers on the card manufacturers site too. It's unlikely, but perhaps the drivers you have are pre SP6a.

05-01-2002, 05:37 PM
Jim

I suggest you unplug the card and re-insert it firmly - make sure it is inserted properly and reboot your system. Then, re-install the necessary driver accordingly.

Good luck

Alex

05-01-2002, 11:27 PM
Hi there,
thanks for the advice. My original card is a S3 Virge pci. The computer won't boot at all with only the AGP card installed. I have installed the Via 4 in 1 drivers but I will take a look at the BIOS Setup and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help.

Jim