PDA

View Full Version : Red Xs in send/recieve

Poppa John
08-12-2016, 07:02 AM
Hi People.

Windows 10 & Outlook.com

In the email section in the top toolbar is send/receive .

In "Cancel All" & "Work Offline". There are red Xs Crosses.

If I click on these they don't go away. Is there something wrong or is this the normal status. This is when I am Online as well. I think some messages are getting thro...bu I wonder? Thanks. PJ.

Poppa John
10-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Bump, Please. PJ

PeterE
12-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Sorry for the late reply, as I read this last week and thought someone with more knowledge would answer sooner.
Mine looks the same as you describe.
P.

13-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Hi People.

Windows 10 & Outlook.com

are were talking outlook.com, or the outlook program (going from past discussions about this confusion)

who is your email host, is it an @xtra or @outlook email address

wainuitech
13-12-2016, 10:03 AM
If you mean the items as shown in the picture, that what's meant to show. The X basically means to disconnect.

Poppa John
13-12-2016, 02:38 PM
are were talking outlook.com, or the outlook program (going from past discussions about this confusion)

who is your email host, is it an @xtra or @outlook email address

The one that comes with Ms Office. It is set up as outlook email address but just to confuse you, my working address is PJ @xtra.co.nz.
This is because I don't have an account with xtra anymore. I am "Guest" piggybacked onto the Rest Home address which is also xtra. I am using the "Free for life email address. Even so, the buggers want to charge me $5.95 a month. PJ

Poppa John
13-12-2016, 02:41 PM
If you mean the items as shown in the picture, that what's meant to show. The X basically means to disconnect.

Yes that's it. What is supposed to happen when you click on one of them, does the Red X change to something else? Thanks. PJ

Poppa John
13-12-2016, 02:42 PM
How on earth did we get two Outlook names/apps? PJ

13-12-2016, 03:21 PM
How on earth did we get two Outlook names/apps? PJ

thats a very good question :-)
MS has been doing a bit of that, giving different products similar names: 365 can be MSOffice, 365 can be email .

wainuitech
13-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Yes that's it. What is supposed to happen when you click on one of them, does the Red X change to something else? Thanks. PJ

Think of them as on /Off buttons.

The Work off Line basically turns off the connection to the internet - Hence working off line. The X remains its only a picture/icon and doesn't change.

The Actions are shown down the bottom, for example.

Normal Usage / Connected:

Click the offline and it disconnects the internet to Outlook:

Click it again and it turns it back on.

Poppa John
14-12-2016, 07:34 AM
Think of them as on /Off buttons.

The Work off Line basically turns off the connection to the internet - Hence working off line. The X remains its only a picture/icon and doesn't change.

The Actions are shown down the bottom, for example.

Normal Usage / Connected:

Click the offline and it disconnects the internet to Outlook:

Click it again and it turns it back on.

The words you show on your two pics don't show on my screen. Have I got an unticked box or something. PJ