PDA

View Full Version : Re: Printing (Bob Austin)

05-01-2002, 11:21 AM
Hi Bob
Re your message about printing too dark. I found if you go to settings on the start menu, click on the printer icon, right click when it opens, click on properties, then Advanced.
Then you can alter the Saturation, Brightness, Colour tone & Ink Volume. Fiddle around til you get it right. Worked for me, hope it does for you.
Jan C :-)

05-01-2002, 07:16 PM
You're lucky, I've got an HP 670c deskjet and when I tried looking in there I found a Colour Management tab with an option to 'Add a Profile Association'. After clicking on that to see what was in there, I got a dialogue box full of strange names (eg Mnb22g15.icm) which I have NO idea what they are. The default 'profile' is Hpdesk.icm.

If anyone knows what I can do to improve my colour results with this printer I'd be very grateful!

06-01-2002, 10:26 AM
Hi Susan
I have a HP Deskjet 630c, I don't suppose there is much difference between a 630 & 670
(not sure though) After you open properties, did you click on advanced? (not color management)A window should open with a small picture (mine is a space rocket & sky)
and the brightness, saturation etc. will have bars you can slide along till the picture looks perfect. It really works well! no more waste of ink! Doesn't improve my face though if I'm in the photo!! More's the pity!!
Jan :-)

09-01-2002, 01:50 AM
Thanks for all the comments folks. Have been trying out some of the suggestions -- and have achieved some improvement in results. Big case here for some more user-friendly instructions from the hardware people tho, don't you think?
Cheers.