PDA

View Full Version : Broadband usage App

Poppa John
28-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Hi All
I am on the free email address on Xtra but i don't want to go there.

I want th measure the data usage on THIS computer only, can it be done? Free of course!!!! PJ

wainuitech
28-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Better to go through Spark, its likely to be more accurate. Or if you have an android phone install Their app.

https://www.spark.co.nz/help/internet-email/manage-internet-data/check-broadband-usage/

wainuitech
28-10-2016, 10:19 AM
If you do want an app on the computer, one that I just tried -- Go to the Windows store, type in the search Netsense Install it, and run. You can select Dates and shows total usage as well over what ever time you like.

Poppa John
28-10-2016, 01:42 PM
If you do want an app on the computer, one that I just tried -- Go to the Windows store, type in the search Netsense Install it, and run. You can select Dates and shows total usage as well over what ever time you like.

Perfect, thanks. I have often wondered is this like a phone call where if I make a call I pay. If someone calls me it is free, they pay. Or do I pay for both up & down usage? PJ

Poppa John
28-10-2016, 01:42 PM

Perfect, thanks. I have often wondered is this like a phone call where if I make a call I pay. If someone calls me it is free, they pay. Or do I pay for both up & down usage? PJ

wainuitech
28-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Internet usage is combined.

Meaning if you have a limit per month, doesn't matter if traffic is up or down, its all combined in total.

Example: Lets say you have 100GB /Month. You may download 80GB + 20GB Upload =100GB. Then again it may be reversed , you download 10GB but upload 80GB =100GB.

bevy121
28-10-2016, 10:02 PM
No - you download 10GB but upload 80GB = 90GB

Yea I know - typo...

wainuitech
29-10-2016, 09:22 AM
No - you download 10GB but upload 80GB = 90GB

Yea I know - typo... Oops -- correct, typo. :)

Poppa John
29-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Damn. I have used 17GB in a month. I wonder what that would cost on a business account.PJ

wainuitech
29-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Damn. I have used 17GB in a month. I wonder what that would cost on a business account.PJ Doesn't quite work the Same. Some people have a limited amount of data per month, while others have unlimited. It all depends on what your plan is.

Generally if you have unlimited it can cost slightly more than a limited plan, BUT often the price difference is not that great. If you don't use all of your amount during the month and on a limited plan, then theres no worries :)

Poppa John
01-11-2016, 08:27 AM
W.. I don't know what business plan she has got so I cannot work it out. problem is that I am piggy backed onto the rest home as Guest, I am the only one on the Net . I offered to pay but she said forget it.** Conscience is pricking a bit. ** I have free email acct on Sparks. PJ
**..................** Aren't I wonderful? :blush:

Poppa John
01-11-2016, 08:28 AM
W.. I don't know what business plan she has got so I cannot work it out. problem is that I am piggy backed onto the rest home as Guest, I am the only one on the Net . I offered to pay but she said forget it.** Conscience is pricking a bit. ** I have free email acct on Sparks. PJ
**..................** Aren't I wonderful?

Poppa John
01-11-2016, 08:29 AM
OOPs PJ

linw
01-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Just be gracious and say, "Thank you"!

01-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Damn. I have used 17GB in a month. I wonder what that would cost on a business account.PJ

that seems quite high , assuming just email & a bit of web browsing.
Are you watching movies online , or downloading movies,TV shows ?

Poppa John
01-11-2016, 04:52 PM
that seems quite high , assuming just email & a bit of web browsing.
Are you watching movies online , or downloading movies,TV shows ?

No movies but quite a bit of project research & download 5 books. 5GB on one day. PJ

linw
02-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Books take very little. Five books might only be 3 or 4MB.

wainuitech
04-11-2016, 07:02 AM
poppa John, There is something else you can do to cross check. Completely forgot about this built into windows.

From Start / Settings / Network and Internet / On Left - Data usage ( OR type Data Usage in search and select it) you can then see how much data has been used over the last 30 Days.

If you click on the details it tells you exactly what has used what data, so you can track down whats using yours.